Re: CHORDIESTOCK 2013 - February 23 - Madeira Beach, FL

Looks like alot of fun was had!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I was very pleased to host this event. Surrounded by so much talent, a little bit has got to seep into me. I've had the pleasure of meeting many chordians through the years and just added a few new ones to the list. Every single one of them have been a blast to be around and I consider them all dear friends.

Had more fun this weekend than I have had in a long time. I'm lucky to visit and jam with the boys at the London Bus Pub regularly, but I'm pretty sure the Bus hadn't seen this much talent on one evening before! Both Saturday and Sunday were AWESOME good times!

So - I'm thinking this should be an annual event - who doesn't want to come to sunny Florida in February!

So circle the weekend of February, 2014 on your calendars and lets make Chordiestock 2014 even bigger and better!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

WAYNE!  Thank Lizzie for doing the recordings!  Amazing.  Again, Jealousy is my name.  I so wish I'd have been there, it looks like you guys had an AMAZING time!  smile  Fantastic!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy, she said "Awe shucks it weren't nothin" smile

Later, Wayne P

105 (edited by Old Doll 2013-03-01 02:11:29)

BensonP

Jeff Taylor advised me to have a look here about the Chordiestock ! What do i find ? Only your good self on  U tube! Totally took me off side.. Ya wee divil.
You never said ! Or asked Old Doll to even have a dance!  So good to hear you playing and singing  sir, never mind putting a face to  your name.
What a pure pleasure it was to do so. Ya handsome Fear { man } you. 

Love and light as always to you.. I will listen and comment to the rest of your Videos tomorrow.. I really should be in my leaba { Bed } now. There ya go sir, keeping Old Doll up late.  big_smile

Oiche Mhaith from the Emerald isle.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Well bejapers and begorragh.

I've looked, listened and am so totally raging i didn't make it. You all had a great time by the sounds and photos.
Thank you to all for extending the hand of friendship to me as always.. ye know i love ye all.
So February next { God willing } i shall be joining you.. Hotel for me as i snore like a train } big_smile
I also know i cannot play as good as ye guys, but i can sing a whole lotta songs.. and open a bottle! { Very important }  Sure, I also love the  ceol agus craic. which there was it appeared, to be plenty of that about.
All the photos are wonderful. But, Lizzie { Wayne Bayes Mrs} is my fave. Looking out on a beautiful setting. I actually must comment on that one.  The rest of ye are all as ugly as sin lol
SouthPaw, you have the best mischievous facial expression . i've ever seen on any musician in the video.. Believe me when i say," i've seen a lot" ! No wonder you're wee men are so happy and at one with themselves. What a gift to give to you're wee ones.
I see Clear water was mentioned also here. I happen to have an old Childhood friend living in Clear water.. Hows about that then ?
Sure i'm completely sorted for February..
I could not leave without asking Mr Zurf, " how is his face after the sand blast ? " Also Topdown  Jeff taylor for keeping me connected..
I enjoyed all of this both Video, and photos.

Thank you for sharing as always..

Dino48. how are you me auld flower ?.. i hope life is full of snow cones and sunshine for you.. 

Love and light as always from the Emerald Isle of Ireland.
Slan,

Old Doll -- getting older by the day !:rolleyes:

Old Doll great too see you are still around I am glad that jeff woke you up,it has been so long since we heard from you. Keep coming back more!! I am ok.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thank you Dino48.

I have a wee grand daughter 18 months old now. A pure pleasure and such a joy in my life. I decided to take time out,
to  mind her, which i do full time most of a week. Evenings i usually spend with family on face Book. Its about all the energy i have left at the end of a day.. I am not complaining though, i love the bones of this wee doll.

I am sure at some stage i will get back here. Its all about time and how to share it at the moment.. Not to mention " Age" hahahaha.

I went to see this guy last night live here in Dublin Ireland. . He is older like us all but, was still  soooooo wonderful... I love the man.

Warm hugs to you Dino48.

Old Doll.

http://youtu.be/6TG5YKDyRIA

109 (edited by dino48 2013-03-01 20:40:48)

Old doll,glad you are enjoying your granddaughter,I have 3 and love them very much,they are in too playing alot of sports,one of them finally wants too learn music(piano).I am glad either way I am sure all here would agree it would be nice too hear from you a little more,seems like we are missing up yer kilt also. Thanks for sharing the great john Prine video,he is a great performer.

Yes, Dino48,

Children have a tendency to keep us on our toes. My wee one Loves  curved twigs and Mamo's { Granny in Irish } fashion beads.
She is either gonna be a water diviner or a fashion icon big_smile.
I haven't heard of UYK in a long while. I guess his kids keep him occupied also.. We did have some great banter here for so long on Chordie.. It surely kept me going through some very rough times. I would be in touch with some of the guys and gals on  { dare i mention F B ! They { Chordie have a link there also.}.

Be kind to you and yours sir. Life passes in the blink of an eye.. I just linked this on Face craic  [ as we call it }. So i shall share with you also.
I love this lady Mary Gaulthier " Sings and writes the best songs. She is also magic in live concerts. I have had the pleasure..
Oiche Mhaith ! { goodnight }

http://youtu.be/wadsu2K8jwY

Well it surprised me when you showed up on YouTube Old Doll.  It is a real pleasure to see you are enjoying grandchildren and such.  And the next dance is on me girl.  I am glad you got in touch with me, if even for a moment.  Be sure to say hi on ocassion and I will do the same. The pleasure is all mine you know.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.