1 (edited by easybeat 2013-03-06 03:13:38)

Topic: Guitar lead

Gidday

I`ve always been a huge fan of Fender, I own An American Standard Strat & a Tele.
Have always played them with the lead that comes in the fender case.
Recently i saw an old fashioned curly lead in the music shop ,had to have it.
It`s a VOX brand, WOW  this has given my sound a real zap!
I guess all leads are different,never really thought about it.

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Guitar lead

Really depends on the quality of the cable construction.  Glad it worked out for you.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

i always had trouble with curly leads, especially on stage work.

as you dont stay in one place the connectors in the jacks tend to get pulled and twisted as you move around, eventually coming loose, crackling etc.

if your just sitting in your front room jamming away you should have no problems. if it's stage work, make sure you carry a spare.

i love fenders myself and have a strat and tele (mexicans) though i find the quality excellent, i do find they make a bit of noise whereas korean or japanese guitars are quieter. i've never recieved a lead (curly or otherwise) with a new guitar. maybe they take them out in the UK!

i used to make electric wire, and i can tell you the best wire to get (if your making your own) is computer cable. (it needs to be shielded though) the noise you get comes from the fact that the copper is rough. smoother copper creates less resistance so less noise and the sound will flow easier.

hope this helps

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I hate curlies with a passion.  Storing them is always a freaking nightmare, as they tangle on everything else, are impossible to roll up tightly, and did I mention they tangle on everything else?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I agree never could get around it.

jerome.oneil wrote:

I hate curlies with a passion.  Storing them is always a freaking nightmare, as they tangle on everything else, are impossible to roll up tightly, and did I mention they tangle on everything else?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

My main point was the huge difference in sound from my new Vox lead.
Disappointed by the quality of the lead that came with the Fender.

The King Of Audio Torture

chances are that the shop you bought it from gave you a complimentary lead as so often happens, to make you think your getting something for nothing, but in actual fact all they've given you is a cheap and nasty lead that they bought a box-full of for that purpose for next to nothing.

as i said above; cheap components, cheap product = crap sound.

having said all that about curly leads, some of the top guitarists, like Brian May, used curlies, as Freddy mentioned in one of their concerts; " Brian May, he of the curly hair and curly leads" or words to that effect. of-course he didn't have to put them away at the end of the gig, or pull them out next time!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

What mostly happens is all new guitars are shipped with the cheap black leads.  The stores take them out.  One store in town used to have a cardboard box full of them and sold them for a buck each. I would buy one or two at a time as patch chords , sparees and what not.  Last time I went in someone had bought the whole box full. He probably spent 20 bucks or so.  Since they have not had a big reorder to line the walls, there have not been any since.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

When it comes to cords. You get what you pay for. I just had a cord give out on me after almost 28 years of use. Back then I balked at paying 20.00 for it. Sometimes you get lucky with a cheap cord.My cheap cord broke. I needed one fast so I bought a coiled cord at radio shack back in 1983. I still have it and it still gets used.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

10 (edited by beamer 2013-03-08 22:18:59)

I paid 20 bucks for a 20 FT chord, with streight and 90 degree jacks,, lasted 3 yrs. but is fixable. just need to clip bad end and re-sloder wires to the 90 side.,,, just have to get around to doing it! LOLOLOL

11 (edited by Eric Llanasa 2013-05-23 12:23:14)

Anybody can send me a tabs of Till Death Do Us Part, intro, pre- adlib and lead guitar. email me ericllanasaqatarlife@gmail.com

Thanks

Eric Llanasa wrote:

Anybody can send me a tabs of Till Death Do Us Part, intro, pre- adlib and lead guitar. email me ericllanasaqatarlife@gmail.com

Thanks

ERIC YOU WILL HAVE B ETTER LUCK IF YOU PUT YOUR REQUEST UNDER THE SONG REQ SECTION.  THANKS FOR JOINING, BUT PLEASE TRY TO GET FAMILIAR WITH THE SET UP OF THE TOPICS.  I DONT KNOW THE SONG YOUR ASKING FOR.
P.S. ITS A GOOD IDEA TO REMOVE YOUR EMAIL FROM VIEW. WE CAN DO THAT THROUGH THE SEND MAIL TAB WHEN YOU CLICK ON SOMEONES NAME.  ITS SAFER.  OR YOU MAY BE TAKEN AS A TROLL AND KICKED OFF THE SITE.  IF YOUR GENUINE, THEN GET TO KNOW EVERYONE.

Eric Llanasa wrote:

Thanks

I found it here at chordie go to the text artist search and type it in there.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman