Topic: Alvin Lee RIP

Alvin Lee of Ten Years After passed away after routine surgery. Who could forget his performance at Woodstock. We lost another great guitarist. RIP.

Re: Alvin Lee RIP

Really sorry to here this news about Alvin Lee he was one of my all time favourite rock guitarists.
"SSSH" by Ten years after was one of the first albums I ever bought. The speed and energy he bought to lead guitar playing was outstanding watching him perform was electrifying.
RIP Alvin Lee

I did  not know about this till I saw it here,he was one of my alltime favorite guitar players,the first time I saw him was in Woodstock doing Going Home and that was what hooked me. RIP Alvin Lee

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I second that Arkady I saw Ten Years After about 3 times in the early 70's and Alvin will always be one of my guitar heroes.Love Like A Man, boy thats a riff.

the chordie geordie

i'm really saddened over this news. i went to a concert in the 70's to see Ten Years After and Mott the Hoople. it was at the time of "Tomorrow Night" the venue didn't make enough money to pay both acts, so T.Y.A didn't play. Mott were rubbish, it was during the "All the Young Dudes" faze, which was about the only decent track they played.

RIP ALVIN

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill I think Tomorrow Night was Atomic Rooster, I've seen them also.

the chordie geordie

i am a dick....sorry bout that, still an alvin fan, seen a lot of videos, clapton and friends, he's usually there in the back-ground

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Alvin  has  long  been an inspiration  to  me  and  he  will  be  sadly  missed .I  remember  seeing  him  play  a   show on  uk tv called  night  of  the  guitars ,clapton ,santana ,joe satriani   and  many others  were on  the  bill  but Alvin  blew  them  all  away   that  night .
RI P  Alvin .