Re: how old is every one?

16 being playing guitar for 6 years, changed many genre to.

51 playing for 4months

Let no talents go unused

Turned 55 this past November, and have been playing guitar for about 45 years. Before the children were grown, there were long spells where the case never opened. Now that they're grown up and no longer home on the payroll, there's lots of time to enjoy.

52,...been playing since I was 17, my first guitar was a Fender Stratocaster, acoustic's are a pain in the butt. I encourage all new players to get an electric guitar first, cause most of the music you love is electric, and with all the cool stuff on the market, you can get a great sound the will inspire you to greatness. Make your next guitar an acoustic.

I love the blues, and 70's rock, and can dig the new stuff. Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page being my top three, I also enjoy Richie Blackmore, Rory Gallagher, and Santana (got my picture with him).

We are not all kids here man.  I am 64 years young and love to rock out on my Fender Strat !  My favorite player is Eddy Van Halen playing Eruption bro !

Without rock and roll, there is no music.

I may ave answered this some time back, but I am older since then.  I'm 62, feel 30 and look 70

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I was 50 the last time I saw this post. Now I`m 52

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I was 65 last birthday and decided that this is enough, so next birthday I will be 64 smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i'm 61, bought my first guitar at 14, began learning to play it at around 18 ( to impress the girls)

i believe that everyone should buy a rubbish acoustic first, cos if you can play that, expensive (easy to play) electrics will be even easier as your fingers will be stronger and more able to reach those hard to play chords, like B's and Dbm6

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Turned 55 this past November, and have been playing guitar for about 45 years. Before the children were grown, there were long spells where the case never opened. Now that they're grown up and no longer home on the payroll, there's lots of time to enjoy.

I have a few years for this,,,, quite a few, Maybe thats when my light will shine brightest

Oh just turned 42,, not sure how Old I was during first post LOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

63 and been rockin' since I was 9. My goal is to become mediocre at playing one day!

Currently 60...and decided I needed a guitar when I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan and saw hundreds of girls screaming.

It's better to burn out....than it is to rust

westieq wrote:

63 and been rockin' since I was 9. My goal is to become mediocre at playing one day!

Guitar Hacker wrote:

Currently 60...and decided I needed a guitar when I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan and saw hundreds of girls screaming.

Welcome westieg and GH! Sounds like you are both long time rockers! I also wish to become mediocre and have hundreds girls screaming for me. I now have only a couple of gals who scream at me to STOP!

Welcome to chordie!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi, I am new here.  My name is rob, but y'all just might call me grandpas.  I am 56.  Had an old warn out guitar since I was 14.  Never did get good playing.  Only knew C, G, and D.  Last year had heart surgery, when I got home from the hospital, my wife got me a Fender Kingman. Trying to learn to play now.  Just learned how to play a few barre chords.  Chordie is helping me to learn a lot of new stuff.  Thanks for being here for us old coots.

Welcome Rob,

At 56 you are yet a youngster, I can give you 10 years and there are others older than I here. Enjoy your guitar and I am pleased to see you have the best make of guitar in the world (yes I am a Fender fan) smile.

Roger

53 now.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I hit 60 in January. Started playing at 12 or 13. When I was 12 the Beatles were an exciting new group and many things were changing. Sometime in the 80s my guitar started spending more time in the closet than not as I worked a lot of overtime and my kids were growing up. I also suspect the Disco era had something to do with it. Bought a new one this spring (and have since bought two more). As my surgically rebuilt hand recovers I expect to spend more and more time with it. This site is showing me some of the little pieces of songs that I once knew.

Shorter of breathe and one day closer to death.

Welcome to all you newer folks.  I think most of us started early in life and then put the guitar away for lots of years before coming back to it again.  For those just starting, hang in there and practice and play every day.  You will get better with time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm pushing 60. Been playing all my life on and off the road. I still play with two working bands and some recording. See the thing is when your brain gets to this point and you know thousands of songs you start to forget little thing. Like words or a simple cord change. That's what got me to this here site. So hello to some more online folks. peace

Welcome Dave! you have found a great site, the talent here ranges from beginners to PROs like yourself.  hang out in the general chat take part in various topis and you will soon feel as if you know us all.I woul be interested to know more about your playing history and types of music.
Thanks for joining in to the best little guitar family you can hope to find!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I see this thread just keeps on going, I was 6 years younger when it started! 58 now. Wonder whats going to stop first, me or the thread

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Thanx Metalizer. When I was 7 yrs young I lived on the west side of Chicago. Got hooked on music by sitting out side blues clubs. By the time I was 10 I knew a lot of them old folks by name. At 14 I was jamming with the likes of sunnyland slim, Buddy guy, john lee hooker, and on and on. Sure had a huge impact on what my life would become. I've played in quite a few blues bands with some very good players. I got to travel a lot with a rock band that was trying to (make it). After I didn't make it I played with a cover band to pay bills. Now I play with a outlaw type country band and an original boogie blues band. Mostly now I just have a real good time.  I'm not bragging or anything just been very lucky to get to do what I love and make a humble living out of it.
Oh, I did get to live in Jamaica for a year playing with a reggae band but that's a whole other story. If you keep your expectations under control and you don't mind putting in a lot of time and soul in it anyone can do it. But the pay off is not monetary. Well I see I'm rambling again so I will chat at ya all later.
ps  didn't mean to hijact this thead. peace, Dave.

Welcome Dave,

It is nice to hear about people's musical experiences so don't apologise, but if you really want to have a long, serious ramble nip down to the 'Chat section' where you can ramble to your heart's content smile.....

Roger

Thanx Roger. I'll head on over and see. I don't talk a lot but sometimes I just get stated and the stories I could tell. Till the little lady stops me. But cool thanx again.

Newbie here 23 y/o.

spam link removed by moderator