Topic: A great new tuner.

I wanted a new tuner. I've got a couple already but not really happy with any of them. Their reliability and accuracy aren't great. I went on line to see what tuners were being recommended.
On the strength of these "best buy" awards, I bought the Snark. It clips on the headstock, it's got a display that is very easy to see and it is very accurate. I only paid around

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

Re: A great new tuner.

I saw Dirty Ed and Mekidsmom using those. They both loved it, so I bought my own and agree with their and your assessment.

This may belong in the accessories forum.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I really liked the Driod but then tried a Snark aftter seeing that so many here that liked the Snark. I like the Snark much more and have 3 of them now.

Joe

I've had my Snark for a year or two and I love it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

i bought a qwik tune tuner, very good does the job. when i bought my boss me50 it had an on-board tuner. there were slight discrepancies between tuners....later when i got my digitech vocalist, i found it also had a tuner which deviated from the ME50 also! the digitech is a voice processor so needs the guitar to be in tune with it's internals, so i now use that on stage and it's an easy fix while your half way through a song.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Snark Rocks!  In a pinch (like generally if I don't have my guitar/tuner on me but need to tune someone else's guitar) I will use the android app gStrings.  It works pretty well, and it's a free app to download, but the snark is awesome for "on guitar" tuning, plus it doesn't have to be quiet in the room to work as it works on vibrations not sounds!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I think Snark will turn out to be a winner in this conversation.  Once you've tried a snark, you never go bark.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

snark is a good tuner!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Judging from all the positive testimonials it must be good,but I have used my Sabine stx 1100 for over 20 yrs it is calibrated to concert 440 A and runs on a 9v battery that never seems to die it also has a 9v adapter plugin I never use I think I paid around 60.00 for it new I like the play thru feature that allows tuning as you play I dont know if they even make these anymore but if it ever dies I might just try a Snark. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Got a snark in every guitar case and have given several away. (I had some to give away at chordiestock, but everyone seemed to already own one!) Toney says it's more accurate that his high dollar in-line tuner. An endorsement from Toney is an endorsement I trust!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

11 (edited by hopeful 2013-03-15 12:03:04)

My friend's got one and i was very impressed when i saw her using it, looked much better to use than the ibanez one i have  got.

Russell_Harding wrote:

Judging from all the positive testimonials it must be good,but I have used my Sabine stx 1100 for over 20 yrs it is calibrated to concert 440 A and runs on a 9v battery that never seems to die it also has a 9v adapter plugin I never use I think I paid around 60.00 for it new I like the play thru feature that allows tuning as you play I dont know if they even make these anymore but if it ever dies I might just try a Snark. smile

I like play through tuner when playing my fretless.  When running all around (which I don't do on the bass fretboard any more) it doesn't much matter whether 1 or 2 of the flurry of notes are in tune, but when you're holding a note for foundation on a slow passage then it's nice if that note is in tune.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude