Topic: Metal picks ?

How would you rate metal guitar picks ?

Without rock and roll, there is no music.

Re: Metal picks ?

horribly. they tear your strings up.

I have a couple just for the novelty of them. I don't play with them at all. They are solid stiff, like playing with a 2mm pick. I'm sure Baldy is right. They are way harder than your strings so it's gonna tear em up.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard once that one of the guys in ZZ Top plays his guitar with a quarter.  But then again, if you're in ZZ Top and have access to lotsa strings and lotsa guitar techs to change them out for you really frequently, it's probably OK.

But I'm not, and I don't, so I'll stick with plastic.  smile

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Can't imagine playing with a steel pick. As one who prefers thinner gauge nylon picks, steel ones would be dropped regularly. I just tried a quarter on the electric for a moment, and the metal-on-metal sliding sound was annoying. One would have to get a roll of quarters at the bank before every gig.

That would be hilarious. Wanting a pick form the guy on stage and he flings you a quarter!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I use metal finger picks a lot on my acoustics and love the sound they produce.  Never had a problem with strings wearing out.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Ah yeah, didn't think about finger picks. Those don't seem to be as bad.

I used a quarter once in an emergency on a gig also a old library card,matchbook never tried a metal pick designed to play guitar sounds interesting I will have to google it and check it out smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Metal picks are out for me too.  Even the fingerpicks.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.