Topic: tascam error codes

Does  any  one  know  what   reset  error 12  is  on a  tascam dp01 fx cd  recording  studio  There's  no  list  in the  manual or  on  tascams  site .The  guy  who  owns  this  plugged  the wrong  polarity psu  in  so  I  suspect  there's  either  an  internal  fuse blown  or something in the voltage  regulator  circuit popped .but  I dont  want  to  go pulling it  apart if  its  just  a reset able  software  error .Any  info  gratefully  received
Thanks
Graham

Re: tascam error codes

I would think the best way is to contact the tech guys at Tascam by phone smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I've sent  them  an  email  now  Russell  it will be  interesting  to  see the  reply as  I've  seen on or two others on  the  net  with the  same  fault but  no  one  has  come up  with  an  answer .I  hope  my  suspicions  are  wrong  and  its  a  simple  reset  .

sometimes you can reboot it by just unplugging it and wait a few seconds and plug it back in. smile

Found some info  last night  looks like  its  the  psu  doesnt  have  enough  amps to  power it .So I'm gonna  modify  a  lap top  psu   to suit  today  and  see if  it  works apparantly  it  need  2.5  amps  minimum .

I hope that works out,I have a CD-RW Tascam it interfaces with my Boss BR-8 via a light fiber optic cable and the CD's are so much cleaner then what my laptop burns but one of the lights kinda flickers It isn't a problem so Ive learned to ignore it smile 

Grah1 wrote:

Found some info  last night  looks like  its  the  psu  doesnt  have  enough  amps to  power it .So I'm gonna  modify  a  lap top  psu   to suit  today  and  see if  it  works apparantly  it  need  2.5  amps  minimum .