Topic: Lindsey Buckingham song...

I'm trying to find the chords for Lindsey Buckingham's "Dancin' Across the USA".  You know, the song from "Vacation".  Any body out there able to help me out?  All I seem to find on the net are the lyrics.

Thanks in advance!

"History is made at night...

Character is what you are in the dark."  Dr.  Emilio Lizardo

Re: Lindsey Buckingham song...

Hi cavecookie,I do not have an answer,but you might try too check here at chordie in the M section,check out misc movie songs.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks, dino.  I didn't think to check that category.  Still wasn't able to find what I'm after, so the quest continues...

4 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2013-03-17 11:08:35)

Are you sure? Do you mean " Holiday Road". That is the song from the movie and it is right on chordie. Also, it`s a great song too

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Hey, joey.  The song I'm looking for is "Dancin' Across the USA".  It was the song that played during the closing credits of the movie.  You are right, though, "Holiday Road" is also a good song, but the one I'm after has a really cool swing to it. 

Thanks for the response.

This is it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXsw3O_m1Nw

***Edited to add:

Here's what I got.  It's in the key of A.

Chorus:
We ... (A)dancin' (D)across the (E)us(A)a (D) (E)
On ... (A)crazy ... high(E)way (Esus4)(E)
Too ... (A)passion (A7), too ... (D)play (Dm)
We went (A)dancin'(D)dancin'(E)dancin' ... (E7)us(A)a (D)(A)(E)

Verse 1:
Well ... (A)curtain...early,(D) so they (A)say (D) (A)
(A)Some ... and (E)stay (Esus4)(E)
So (A)have ... friend, (A7)Buttercup ... (D)through
You ... (E)I always (C#m)love 'em (F#m)but I (D)think ... we (E)flew

Then another chorus, then verse 2, then a final chorus, and then the outro.  The outro is just the last line of the chorus repeated over and over.

Lyrics here if needed:  http://lyrics.wikia.com/Lindsey_Buckingham%3ADancin'_Across_The_USA

Good luck with it.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Wow, that is what I call goin' above and beyond the call!!!

Thanks so much for the help, sir. Figuring out the chords to a song is one talent I wish I could master, and I stand in awe of those of you who can!  Now I just gotta get it to sound good on my banjo...

Again, thanks!

cavecookie wrote:

Wow, that is what I call goin' above and beyond the call!!!

Thanks so much for the help, sir. Figuring out the chords to a song is one talent I wish I could master, and I stand in awe of those of you who can!  Now I just gotta get it to sound good on my banjo...

Again, thanks!

You're quite welcome.  As far as mastering the talent, I don't consider myself a master, but you can do it too.  I've had a number of people email me and ask what the secret or trick is to finding the chords to a song.  I tell them that there are no secrets or tricks, just some ear training and practice.

There are probably videos available on line (I haven't looked), but I could probably share how I do it if there is enough interest.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Well, the key here is practice.  Just like everything else, if ya want to get anywhere, ya gotta pay your dues.:/