Topic: Bridge?

Hi again,
Can some one explain { Bridge } to me please?  Is it the piece between the verses? When playing?

Now dont go making it all technical for me please! As the grey matter takes longer to digest at my age { 19 } I wish!
Then it used to? Must be all the Rain?
Thank You,
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Bridge?

Hello Old Doll,
A bridge is usually just one part of a song that has some melodic or lyrical contrast to the rest of the piece (verses & chorus).  Often, the bridge will contain some different chords than the rest of the song.

Usually the bridge has different melody than the other parts.  Most songwriters use a bridge to further dramatize the lyric somehow or to somehow offer a different perspective on the song's topic.

Not all songs have a bridge.  Most pop songs have some sort of bridge usually after a couple of verses and maybe a chorus or two.   I guess it is called a bridge because it is near the middle and connects the beginning and ending of the song?

A chorus, on the other hand, is a part that typically repeats after verses and usually carries the overall theme or idea of the song.  Sometimes a bridge takes the place of a chorus in between verses. 

Listen to just about any popular song and you'll be able to spot the bridge - it's the bit that sticks out from the rest.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Well Thank you James!

Totally understand your explaination!
I was waiting for some wise crack to say something about the {bridge of My Nose } But hey all is good!

Old Doll.

Old Doll wrote:

Well Thank you James!

Totally understand your explaination!
I was waiting for some wise crack to say something about the {bridge of My Nose } But hey all is good!

Old Doll.

Instead you recieved a bridge that led you to someone with more experience. No pun intended but that is what the chordie forum is about helping others and learning more ourselves.

Age is irrelavent when it comes to passion of music, I don't consider you an Old Doll just a Doll.

Bootlegger.

Why "Thank You" Bootleger!

Yes My big passion is music, It feeds my soul... Now im out with the Girlettes

tonight! So because you were so nice to me! "Would You like to join Us?

Cross that bridge and bring James and a few more with you. with all the experience!

I will make sure you get back across safely some time in the early Morning!

But i cannot speak for the rest! lol.

Slán.

DOLL!

Hey Doll,

How did you make out with the night with the "Girlies". Didn't tilt a few to many to earn a head ache the next moring I hope.

Bootlegger.

Hi Bootleger,
i lost a lot of time waiting for you lot at the Bridge! Yes i did have a few! Enough to notice " There were 2 Bridges on the way back?"  Lucky for you, you didnt show! You may never have gotten home?
Brill night as always! Great music, company! and plenty of Ida Mae jokes? Now what more could a  Girlette want!
Its every week so your welcome! Make sure you pick the right bridge? This aint the "Bridges of Madison County" You know! so dont get lost now!  Tell your Mam to print your name  and address on your jacket label. Lol

Slán Bootleger, Thanks for asking!
Old Doll.