Topic: Skype Jam this weekend 3/16?

I just got the renewal for my skype premium membership and realized that I haven't used it in quite some time. The money I've paid in the past has certainly been worth it, but we haven't had a jam in a while.

So whats say we try it again? I'm pretty wide open for the upcoming weekend, Friday night, Saturday afternoon / evening  is probably best (I'd like to go to the LBP jam on Sunday afternoon). So who is in? I'd propose a Saturday afternoon start at say 3:00 (US Eastern) start to allow the folks from across the pond to join in before bedtime there. I'm open to alternate times as well.

Let me know what you think and who is interested!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Skype Jam this weekend 3/16?

Sat afternoon sounds good to me!  I may look ragged out cause of my sked (you know the late work on fri nights) and I have to do some brake work to my daughters car, but a 2pm  intermission from the norm sounds great.  I actually have tried a coupple new songs (for me that is) got a timeing problem with one (sounds of silence) and I have definately modified it to my ability, but I think its passable LOLOL lol  I wanted to do hazy shade of winter,,, but man its got some wild chords in it!  if anyone knows a simple way to play it,, pls show.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I have a Rock Choir gig on Saturday evening but I should be able to join you after that.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'll give it a try. Health and schedule have not cooperated much this week, but I'd love to join in.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

If you're still going at around 5:00 pm (eastern) I will try to join.  I'm tied up until then.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

It'll be a good chance to see if my tablet will work with skype groups or not.  smile  I'll be there barring any issues!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'll check in with you guys.  I have a lot going on but sure would like to join in again.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I will be on a boys trip to spring training. Might as well watch the Cubs before they're mathmatically eliminated.

Turns out I'll be at a play, and then on my way to another play.  Not sure if I'll get a chance to drop in or not. Include me in the invitation please, so that I can pick up when I get in if I'm able. 

Thanks,
Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

So is it going to be 3 or 5 eastern?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

beamer wrote:

Scott, since you and I are both on "Texas time" we'll talk central for now.  I'm going to see if Jeff is online at 4:00 pm, maybe a smidge earlier if I can swing it.  Hopefully he and the others will be well lubricated and warmed up by then.  I suggest you check in periodically starting at 2:00 pm.

Jeff will obviously have final say on when it goes down since he is hosting.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Astronomikal wrote:
beamer wrote:

Scott, since you and I are both on "Texas time" we'll talk central for now.  I'm going to see if Jeff is online at 4:00 pm, maybe a smidge earlier if I can swing it.  Hopefully he and the others will be well lubricated and warmed up by then.  I suggest you check in periodically starting at 2:00 pm.

Jeff will obviously have final say on when it goes down since he is hosting.

Well I dont know how lubed up ill be at 2 lol But I cant get where Idd perfre to be due to having  a party to attend later that evening.  I dont know what time the wife is planning on going over.  I may tell her to take the car and  I'll show up after our Jam on my bike.  (Im the DD tonight so I cant enjoy the party favors, so why be there long enough to be tempted?) Ill be able to leave my bike  and drive her home.
I am going to be exercising my freting hand with the old stress ball tonight.   I cut one in half to use as a finger toner lol

Ill start checking skype about 230, I always have to make sure my Mic and mixer are set up right.  I also wanted to expierment with running my acoustic from the soundhole pickup into the mixer with the mic.   If we are both on b4 jeff, maybe we can connect and I can get my levels right with you telling me how it sounds. OH do you have me in your skype contacts? ---Wouldnt it be nice if a Vocal processor helped a guy like me who cant carry a tune no matter how hard I try! I wonder how I would sound on AUTO TUNE ! LOLOLOL (Ozzy been using it half his career! LOLOLOL) but im guessing bad is bad no matter what LOLOLOL thats why I really like this grupe of people, everyone is polite enough to listen and know your doing your best.

Sounds like fun but I think I'll be on a ski hill.  We've just had 2 feet of new snow in town which could translate to knee deep in trouble in the mountain pass. 
Maybe next time. 
Have fun, pretty sure I will too smile

OK we've started my Skype username is topdown67 if anybody needs it

Amy - Where are you (and Jim and kids) we miss you!

If you couldn't make it, you missed a good one. 

- Zurf

Great fun - It seems after every one of these things, I find myself saying "we should do this more often"!

I have to agree!  Thanks for all the compliments on my playing and singing, because even a  "your getting better" is high praise to me!  Wish that Old Doll could have got her camera working, but was fun texting with her while we played.