Topic: Another newbie

Hi everyone,
I am another fairly new player.  I have been at it for about a year.  I am 65 years old and retired.  Been working on chords and barre chords.
I think my weak point right now is theory.  I need to work on it.

John

Re: Another newbie

Theory is extremely important except when it isn't.  It's tough for everyone (well, at least for me and I like to tell myself it's hard for others too).  Keep practicing and working on it and it all comes together eventually.  (that's another thing I like to tell myself)

I already welcomed you with your post in Acoustic.  That was good advice you gave to the other new player.  Anyway, welcome again.  We look forward to hearing about your progress, reading your advice and input, and helping you if we can. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

welcome to the site fireman,Ineed work on theory also but it takes time,meanwhile have fun here.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome---
Theory goes right over my head most the time, I dont worry too much about it. smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

hi there fireman, welcome.

as far as theory goes, i know nothing. i can read music a bit so i've always played guitar by the seat of my pants, then i've learned what little i know of piano the same way, and computers come to that.

by the way, i've been gigging since 1970, with what little i know, so there you go!

i do have a good knowledge of chords and i know where all the notes are on keyboard and guitar, that helps.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi fireman, I'm 64 myself and theory still leaves me with ????? too.  Right now I just started working with power chords.  They can be fun.

Without rock and roll, there is no music.

7 (edited by fireman93514 2013-03-19 01:43:37)

Thanks guys.  I'm working on it.  I play every day.  I Have a group of friends that get together and jam, that helps push me along.

John

John

harleyjim wrote:

Hi fireman, I'm 64 myself and theory still leaves me with ????? too.  Right now I just started working with power chords.  They can be fun.

Hey! you see the light!lolol Power chords are nothing but fun!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)