Topic: Stand up

I started playing standing up I did surprising well

Let no talents go unused

Re: Stand up

It is different! Takes some getting used to for me.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

has a whole different feeling,if you a gibson les paul you will get tired faster they weigh alot.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

This is the theory forum this topic would be better placed in the chat forum.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I personally find that how a guitar is held affects playing style & ability to a fair degree. I'll play the acoustics while sitting, and usually have the neck angled upwards at about 25-degrees. Most classical guitarists will sit with the lower bout of the guitar between their knees, and the neck angled up much further than that.

When standing to play the electric, I find I have to maintain that same angle in order to play comfortably, so that the wrist of the fretting hand isn't bent too much. And I also discovered right away that I needed a strap lock on the peg nearest the neck ... fortunately without damage. I agree that a Les Paul is a tad heavier than some guitars, but a good strap certainly helps with comfort.

6 (edited by beamer 2013-03-20 20:59:23)

TF I bought a levies padded strap for  my sons flyin V.  Its great. also it has a sued back so it doesnt let the neck slip down.  its one of these.  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor … itar-strap  His is the black and white, Im wanting the red/ white for my SG.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I agree with you that Levy's makes great straps, Beamer. I use a 3" wide black leather one with my Les Paul, and although it has no padding it distributes the weight just fine. I was having a laugh at the store where I bought it, because they had at least 100 various straps with assorted KISS logos on them ... must have been expecting a convention or something!