Topic: Treated myself today

I am really enjoying learning to play the guitar and use this great site everyday for inspiration and knowledge.

Today I treated myself to a brand new Martin DRS-2 to give me even more enthusiasm. I'm like a kid a Christmas.

Re: Treated myself today

Happy NGD! 

It's a tradition at Chordie that we share pictures our new instruments on NGDs. I'm eager to see it.  There's nothing quite like that Martin sound.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Have a happy ngd!! Martin, great choice.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Happy NGD. You went right to the rolls royce of guitar names.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Wow what a treat!!!! Pics please.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent. Hard to beat a Martin. Enjoy.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Beauty!  You'll have some fun with that for sure,

We're still waithing for the pictures.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks for all the kind comments

It arrived today and it is literaly superb!

The tone is so nice but the most noticeable thing is how much easier it is to play compared to my Cort 500.

The strings need very little effort to fret which makes my chord changing much more relaxed and precise. I can guarantee my playing will improve rapidly.

Another interesting point is when using a pick it produces a cleaner sound than I have ever achieved before.

I will post pictures soon.

I'm happy for you alpina.  Now get practicing and enjoy it.  Thats your baby now.

Mucho congratulations on the purchase of the Martin.  My first "good" guitar was a Martin, and as Zurf accurately said, the sound is amazing.  Stick with it and enjoy the journey.

WHERE ARE THE PICS???  IT'S BEEN ALMOST A WEEK ALREADY!  smile

OK, so more like two days, but . . . just sayin'.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Looks great, congrats man!

Congrats!

I bought a Martin D-15 about a month ago.  Then I went out and bought a strap that says "MARTIN" across the front.  I just can't help it...I'm a brand snob when it comes to guitar.

Seems like a weeks

Alpina may be having the same troubles I've had trying to load pics.

I spent a morning working with Amy's advice in another post, and after several hours just got frustrated and gave up. I tried setting up various on-line photo albums as suggested, but kept getting backed out, timed out, frozen out, etc. I also wasn't comfortable with a couple that wanted a lot a personal info ... don't want to be part of anyone's database building scheme! For what it's worth, I use Google Chrome as a browser.

If someone can provide a different type of direction on this subject, it would be helpful to a few of us, I'm sure.

If someone can provide a different type of direction on this subject, it would be helpful to a few of us, I'm sure.

I just use facebook 99% of the time for my pictures.  You just have to make sure that the pictures you want to share on Chordie are set on facebook as Public.  Otherwise, picasa web albums works well, and it's an extension of google so you just use your google log in for that.  If you need more help, let me know, you can even send me an email and if it's just a few pics for Chordie I'll put them into my album for you and put them on here.

Alpina - CONGRATS!  Love my Martin.  smile  Excellent choice!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I think maybe I will get a Martin strap,I can afford one of those. I am still saving for my Martin.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks for the kind offer, Amy ...

I'm not on FaceBook, so I'll look into the Picasa app you mention.

Congratulations. Nice guitar. Enjoy.
dj