1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2013-03-27 08:06:19)

Topic: Found out why I have been too tired to pick up a guitar.

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. Dangerously high. Had a major dizzy spell monday merning. Then a worse one tuesday morning. Got my wife mad at me because I didn`t want to wake her. So I drove myself to the hospital. Im no doctor but I know that 140/95 isn`t good. Time to break some bad habits. Yes, I know I am way overweight and my job is getting to me. 60 hour work weeks don`t help. I think it is time to do little things like taking the dog for a walk and not let my job get to me.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Found out why I have been too tired to pick up a guitar.

It sounds like you really need to work on those issues Joey.  Don't take it lightly buddy.  Take care of yourself.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

You have had a warning so please take heed and look after yourself.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Did the doc check anything besides your bp Joey?  I've had good levels all my life but twice my bp has elevated tp more than 155/95.  At first they thought it was hypertension but then found out I had a kidney infection which affected my blood pressure.  The biggest indicator was I was tired all the time.  A couple years ago I was showing high bp during an annual physical and put on pills.  Once again I was tired all the time and mentioned to my physician that I had went through the same scenario before and it was due to a kidney infection.  I was sent to a urologist who found out I had a prostate infection.  I continued to take the bp medicine but kept getting light-headed (some would say I have always had that condition).  I bought a bp cuff and began monitoring my bp and found out that taking the pills after the infection was gone was causing my bp to go too low (95/55).  I contacted my doctor, we discussed the situation and I quit taking the pills.  My bp has been in normal range the last year. 

Its nothing to mess with.  You did the right thing having it checked out. 

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

Did the doc check anything besides your bp Joey?  I've had good levels all my life but twice my bp has elevated tp more than 155/95.  At first they thought it was hypertension but then found out I had a kidney infection which affected my blood pressure.  The biggest indicator was I was tired all the time.  A couple years ago I was showing high bp during an annual physical and put on pills.  Once again I was tired all the time and mentioned to my physician that I had went through the same scenario before and it was due to a kidney infection.  I was sent to a urologist who found out I had a prostate infection.  I continued to take the bp medicine but kept getting light-headed (some would say I have always had that condition).  I bought a bp cuff and began monitoring my bp and found out that taking the pills after the infection was gone was causing my bp to go too low (95/55).  I contacted my doctor, we discussed the situation and I quit taking the pills.  My bp has been in normal range the last year. 

Its nothing to mess with.  You did the right thing having it checked out. 

DE

They hooked me up to all kinds of machines. I`m going back in a month or sooner if I can get an earlier appointment.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Oh man.  Good luck Triple J.  BP is nothing to mess around with.  Whether or not hypertension is your problem, the walks and not taking things too seriously sound like really great ideas.  It's amazing how important mental outlook is to our physical health.  The old Taoist concept of an interwoven mind, body, and spirit is way more important than I think modern Western medicine accounts for.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

jjj,I hope you will find out soon and feel better,take care.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I hear that playing guitar is therapeutic also. Maybe you should take up playing and see if that helps relax you.

I knew an old man a few years ago (he has since passed) that was on lots of medication. He was taking one for blood pressure, I think his for low BP. They ended up taking him off it and he went blind as a bat. Turns out the medication helped in pumping blood to his eyes. WEIRD!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

JJJ,
60 hours a week in a job that's stressing you! Maybe it's time to consider cutting back on some hours and getting R&R time. I have a friend with the same type of issues. Doc ordered time off for about a month and then light hours to ease back into the job. His doing much better now. Any chance you can do the same? I'm hoping for a positive outcome and that you don't have to go on the pill.. Whatever it takes, Take care of yourself man.

I had a BP of 160/110 and was tired all the time and making constant trips to the loo and drinking loads of fluids and had very disturbed sleep...

turned out to be diabetes

[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/Paul.jpg]a better photo of me[/url]
[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/IMGP0556.jpg]My basses[/url]
haven't photographed my guitars yet... smile