Topic: The new young peoples' Gospel... The what?

I'm being asked for, "not country or Appalation Gospel," but "you know, the new young peoples' Gospel."
Well, no! I don't know. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Re: The new young peoples' Gospel... The what?

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know either.  The next time you talk to someone who is asking for the new young peoples' Gospel, I suggest you say this:  "Give me two or three examples of songs or artists in the style you are talking about."

And then see if they actually can.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

A list is coming to me. If it seems different than what I have ( or haven't) found, I will share.

I call it 250 music. Two lines song 50 times over and over. But if it is inspirational to them I can live with it. just give that old time religion.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

deadstring wrote:

I call it 250 music. Two lines song 50 times over and over. But if it is inspirational to them I can live with it. just give that old time religion.

I hear you DS.  That's probably what it is.  I hear the younger folks calling it "praise music", and to me it's more like a mantra or a chant, but like you say, if it works for them, fine.

Give me "Great is thy Faithfulness" (which is the best hymn ever written, IMO) any day of the week.  That song always raises chills.  I have already told my wife that I want that one at my funeral.

http://www.worshiparchive.com/song/grea … ithfulness

"All I have needed thy had hath provided . . ."

Yeah.  That's what I'm talkin' about.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.