Topic: WHAT IS BEST TO AMPLIFIE YOUR ACOUSTIC GUITAR?

I can't figure it out, I have a stash of good acoustics, and I am not intended to change those items, unless...
I did read an article that more and more acoustic players go back to the roots, meaning playing and performing, far enough from your amp to avoid not desired noises.(feedback)
- What is the best solution, I have 1 martin provided with an electro-acoustic device.
- 1) I know it is not so cheap to put a piezo element in your guitar, and I DON'T PERFORM, but I like a crystal clear sound, even using an amp. So on a rainy day I purchased 2 microphones. I can put them in front of the soundhole, or near, in fact where ever I want. It works fine, but I don't use it a lot, because I play alone (mostly) 3/4 of my playtime acoustic and 1/4 electric.
- 2) Put elements in my acoustics, or at least in some guitars, using good pick-ups.
Can somebody give me advise concerning this problem, I am sure I am not alone:
- SIMPLE, GOOD WORKING MICROPHONES and placed in a way to avoid feedback.
- INSTALLING PICK-UPS in MY ACOUSTIC GUITARS, .
BOTH TO PLAY ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC.
WHO CAN GIVE ADVISE ABOUT THIS TOPIC, I AM SURE NOT ALONE WITH THIS ITEM

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHAT IS BEST TO AMPLIFIE YOUR ACOUSTIC GUITAR?

im not big when i comes to brand names, but simply putting your acoustic through a PA system givesa great sound and seeing as how you have just got yourself a load of new mic's then try that

Dave

David Kelly wrote:

im not big when i comes to brand names, but simply putting your acoustic through a PA system givesa great sound and seeing as how you have just got yourself a load of new mic's then try that

Dave

There are two answers to your question Gitaardocphil and also the same goes fore the reply by David Kelly:

#1 As suggested by D.K. you can run your guitar through the board (p.a. mixer) two ways open mike which also may pick up any unwanted noise not only from your guitar.

#2 You can still run your acoustic guitar with pickups through the board straight (pluged just like you plug your mike) and get your sound mixed there.

There is also a D-tar mama bear guitar preamp that cleans the signal from your guitar into your amp giving you a natural acoustic sound. Check them out at www.seymourduncan.com their the parent company of D-tar.

Bootlegger
Bootlegger guitars.

L.R. Baggs M-1 passive pickup through a Para Acoustic DI Preamp will work wonders on a lower-end guitar and do the proper justice to a high-end Martin, Gibson, Taylor etc.

The M-1 comes with a strap jack that simply plugs in to the pickup.

If you don't wantto drill any holes, or if you'd like the option of moving the pickup from one guitar to another, it also comes with a 12" cord that drapes out of the soundhole.

Very good stuff indeed.

I have a Crate Acoustic amplifier, and I really love it!  Mine is a 30-watt amp, but it will cook when I need it to.

Well I saw this and though its old Im adding this.
I am a solo acoustic and singer You can use any of the topline pickups in your acoustic they are all OK I have a TAK witha CTB4 in it and its OK.
However lets not forget regardless what kind of pickup you put IN your guitar the sound you are listening to is out of the guitar and into the air when you hear it.
The truest acoustic sound you can get is obtained by Micing your guitar.
If you rplaying alone and not in an overly noisy environment you will obtain a very true satisfying sound that is nearly impossible to get from even the best of pickups.
Get a directional mike. many are made for this purpose. Try a Shure SM 57, may suit, they arent too exspensive, and you may be very pleased with the sound.
They are also a great vocal mike for lead singer in a group as it cuts out sidebleed from other noise, voices instruments etc stay away from ball shaped heads Look around there is lots on the market.

Trace Elliott, SWR and Fishman I think are the best sounding. Go try them out and see for yourself.

Eddie

8 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2007-07-13 04:13:03)

Dr.Phil,
Greetings fellow chordian. My personal preference is a little 50 watt Marshall Soloist acoustic amp. It has a real nice feature that controls unwanted feedback. The 'magic knob' as I like to call it is a 'Notch Filter'. The cool thing about this is that you can leave your settings just the way you like them and as you change geographic zones (big room, small room, wood floors, concrete floors, high ceelings, low ceelings, etc.....) all you have to do is adjust the 'magic knob' to get happy sounds. The inputs are 1/4'',high impedance, and RCA. The amp costs around $400(USA money) new.
Peace,
SouthPaw

Give everything but up.