1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2013-04-19 13:08:49)

Topic: ps acoustic

anyone played on a angelus or tonare & differnce between se & USA made?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

2 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-04-24 22:22:59)

Re: ps acoustic

Are you referring to the two acoustic models made by Paul Reed Smith Guitars?

Tonare:  http://www.prsguitars.com/tonaregrand/

Angelus:  http://www.prsguitars.com/seangelus/

If so, you wouldn't go wrong with either one. PRS makes very high quality guitars, and if you personally like the sound and feel of them, you've got a winner. I played one of their electrics a month or two ago, and was very impressed with the quality of workmanship, and the gorgeous finish. Their signature bird inlays on the neck are also very cool. After watching the demo vids for both, I'd likely choose the +/- $1000 Angelus over the $5000+ Tonare. The Angelus sounds great (lots of rich voice & detail), and I can't hear $4000 difference between the two.

Re: ps acoustic

Are you thinking of trading some of your classic electric collection to go acoustic Doc?  It's good to see you back on the site.  I hope you're well enough to join us more often.  Your perspective has been missed. 

I haven't played either of the PRS acoustics, but I've read several reviews.  The main comment I recall is that the PRS are not good acoustics for an electric guitar maker.  They are good acoustics - period.  Reviews of the Angelus have been consistently good.  I can't even afford to read reviews of the Tonare. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude