Topic: Withdrawals

Wife got tangled up in my guitAr to amp cable and broke a wire just glad I have 2 others guitArs to get me through this tough time

Let no talents go unused

2 (edited by bunbun 2013-04-27 06:22:23)

Re: Withdrawals

On way to avoid this problem is to loop the cable through your strap and the handle of the amp. Then the cable gets pulled but no damage to amp or guitar. I learned this the hard way when I got tangled in my headphone cable and damaged the cable and the headphone jack. Now my wife is mad because she can hear me play. smile

there's an even simpler way of avoiding this problem in the future

solution a, do not let your wife in the same room as your guitars

solution b, get rid of your clumsy wife, she may be trying to dispose of your guitars! cant have that

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Extra cables? I keep a few extras just in case something like that happens.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Phill Williams wrote:

there's an even simpler way of avoiding this problem in the future

solution a, do not let your wife in the same room as your guitars

solution b, get rid of your clumsy wife, she may be trying to dispose of your guitars! cant have that

solution c, buy a wireless system for your guitar (much cheaper than replacing the wife) smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Solution D.  Get rid of those damn guitars.  Oh, I guess that's not a viable solution.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

what advantage does a woman have over a guitar?

1. they both make sweet music
2. they both make you very happy as long as you treat them right
3. a woman can cook your dinner...one for woman
4. a screaming guitar is much preferable to a screeching woman...one for guitar
5. once the guitar's in it's case you know where it is at all times...one more for guitar
6. a guitar wont want a new pair of shoes or a handbag every week, just a set of strings once a month (?)
7. a guitar cant rub your back after a long gig with a woman hanging round your neck

pretty even so far.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Guitars plug in?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Guitars plug in?

Yes they can; but do you do need to get electricity first smile.

Rog

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Electricity?

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I've heard you can get guitars and vacuum cleaners that plug in - problem is they both suck.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs