Topic: Behringer Guitar link

Anybody know anything about the Behringer Guitar link?  I want to start fooling around with effects and stuff without blowing a huge wad on pedals and bigger (expensive) amps.  This seems like a decent idea.  Unless it's a hunk of @$#%.

Re: Behringer Guitar link

www.behringer.com

Thanks bootleger.  I've checked out their website, but I'm looking for some unbiased opinions of people who've tried one.

I have a ACX1200 acoustic amp which is used sparingly it has built in effect like chorus and reverb,etc.  I have not tried the electric amps. I prefer tube amps, I do have two transistor amps (solid state or what ever you want to call them a Randall & Roland) but the idea of no bypass, if your modular board (the effects program & circuitry) goes out your amp is down. If you buy an amp tube or transistor and you have a multi-effect petal you can get the same result. Your decission is probley based upon the price tag because like you the only reason I don't have a boutique amp or a full tube stack is money or lack of it. (and I don't want to start building my own amps).

Bootlegger.

The guitar link is actually a little gizmo that connects your guitar to your pc via a usb cable and comes with software that mimics all the neat tricks an amp can do.

Well I thought you were looking for their website. That sounds like just a module that you can upload new effects to an existing (Behringer) amp. Or just what you explained. You can buy a Johnson "J" station for $100.00 american and do the same or look for someone looking to dump one on ebay cheaper. It also allows you to upload new effects when there released.

Bootlegger.

No, it's actually a stand alone unit that just hooks your guitar to your pc.  The software apparently has three different "amps" and each of those has a bunch of different presets like a pedal would except it's all on your computer so there's no amps and pedals cluttering up your house.  (My wife's favourite feature!)

Anyway if anyone has tried one please let me know what you thought of it.

Thanks.

Okay, so I went out and bought one, and It's pretty cool.  For around $60.00 Cdn This little gizmo connects your guitar to your computer and comes with demo software that includes 3 different amps with around 30 presets each (native instruments guitar combos) and at the end of the 30 day trial you can register one of them and keep it.  Also comes with recording and editing software which I haven't gotten around to trying yet.  The only downside I found was that I can't play directly through the computer's speakers, so I have to play with headphones.  I'll definitely need to go out and get some cordless ones because the cord gets in the way while I'm playing.  If anyone else is considering buying one, I recomend it!