Re: Happy Mother's Day

"Dragging back this old thread from 5 years ago. Thinking of Mom still brings tears to my eyes. She was the best. For those of you who still have your Mom in your life, I encourage you to savor the days you have with her !" - What a great feeling of expression!!!!
Really it is uncommon.

Topdown, I really appreciate your feelings to your mom.
I am amazed.........

"Mothers day must be difficult for you Jeff, your mom sounded like a great woman!

I will say "thanks for the good wishes" and offer mine up for the other chordie moms too! I had a great day with my mom today and my kids. Church, breakfast, a new guitar, upgraded moms computer and cleaned her dryer... came home to chicken marsala! It was snowing here all day, but it didn't make the day any less wonderful. "

You are right - i also agree with you.

SouthPaw41L,
Thank you very much for your comment.
You have well said - The modern world is the child of doubt and inquiry, as the ancient world was the child of fear and faith.

Hard to believe this post was made 7 years ago and it's been 15 years since Mom passed away. I still think about her every day. Happy Mothers day to all chordie Moms.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Happy moms day!!,my mom is no longer here but I still miss her sometimes.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

topdown wrote:

Hard to believe this post was made 7 years ago and it's been 15 years since Mom passed away. I still think about her every day. Happy Mothers day to all chordie Moms.

I last spoke to my mother on Mother's Day 1996.  She passed suddenly the following Wednesday morning.  Like you, I still think of her every day.  I still want to pick up the phone and call her.  I can only imagine how my children would have benefited from knowing her.  But, even when it breaks our hearts the world unravels as it must.

My wife is not a big believer in Mother's Day. Our usual thing is for us to go to a nursery and buy some landscaping plants that I put in.  I'm a terrible landscaper, and my wife knows less about plants than I do, so it's always an adventure.  We get a big kick out of seeing what plants grow where.  We can never hope to understand why.  We put shade plants in shady spots, and they die.  We put sun plants in shady spots and they thrive.  Vice versa.  So now we just go by shape.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

^ Very nice Zurf - My Mom loved gardening and taking care of her lawn. Friends would give me a hard time when they saw Mom mowing - "you should be doing that for her". My response was - it's one of her simple pleasures, why should I take that away? But for many years, my mothers day gift to her was a gift certificate (they didn't have gift cards back then) from the local garden supply place. She would always plant something special each year and could name the year it was planted when I came to visit.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!