Topic: Aint no sunshine when shes gone.......bill withers version

Gidday.....

Can anyone send me a version (tabs) of this piece......Ive played the version using the chordie song,but it seems to be missing some chords(not sure)......any other versions to play this greatly appreciated ...kia kaha

Sir Edmund Hillary - "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

Re: Aint no sunshine when shes gone.......bill withers version

Which version are you playing? It's important to get the chord voicings right in this tune. Link here to what you're working with and I'll try to help.

Gidday...

working with Am Em G...Em7..Dm7...basic chords.........have seen the version using Bar chords on 5th/7th frets..........Chord names allude me......the use of G in the basic version doesnt even sound right/....

I know the transcription you're talking about. That version kinda sucks in my opinion. The tune is really just an Am7 chord in the first part with the bass line walking A, E, G. My opinion anyway. Here's my crack at it from a few months ago. FFWD to .50 to get past all the canine nonsense...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjwaLL1 … mp;index=1

Baldguitardude wrote:

... The tune is really just an Am7 chord in the first part with the bass line walking A, E, G. ... Here's my crack at it from a few months ago. ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjwaLL1 … mp;index=1

That's an excellent solo cover.  Well done, dude!

rakuX2:  My advice?  Play it just like that.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Gidday rak

Good to see someone from just up the road on Chordie
I`m in Johnsonville, i might be able to hear you playing if i step outside.

B.

The King Of Audio Torture

Baldguitar dude......yeah mate,thats what Ilm looking for...sounds sweet-as,very nice indeed mate........the 5th and 7th fret chords easy for sure....the first part,was a little tough to see how that plays...........base line walking,,AEG,........Need to play with that.........thanks for all the time and advice