1 (edited by jets60 2013-05-21 22:34:06)

Topic: Top 5 things I like about Chordie

I decided not to comment on some earlier nit-pic-ing posts. Chordie is my favorite web site on the web and here are the top 5 reasons why that I could think off the top of my head:

1 - I am able to find the lyrics and chords of almost all of my favorite guitar songs.

2 - I often discover some great new songs and new (to me) artists, some of which are chordie members.

3 - I am able to improve my guitar skills from the practice of songs I grew up listening to and found here, the interesting thought provoking observations, ideas and advice by other chordie guitar enthusiasts, and the tremendous support that is freely given by the majority of chordie members.

4 - The opportunity to get together with other chordie members (both online and in person), share music, friendship and great times.

5 - The ability to give back to a website that has given me so much.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Top 5 things I like about Chordie

With you 200%. I have made some great friends here even though it is unlikely I am ever to meet them in person, however I have met some on Skype and that is rather awsome.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I am with you both. Before I joined Chordie I had more or less stopped writing songs, so if I hadn't done a search for a "song writers" site I might not have written (what I think) are my best songs. I've also met (on-line) a lot of like-minded friends and musical soul mates. Long may this site and international guitarists/poets/song writers and general muso's prevail.

So,  it's goodnight form me, and it's goodnight to you.

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Roger Guppy wrote:

With you 200%. I have made some great friends here even though it is unlikely I am ever to meet them in person, however I have met some on Skype and that is rather awsome.

Roger

LOL YEP EVEN IN THEIR PAJAMAS :LOL:

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

This is the only forum I've ever been in that seems to either not attract or not support troll wankers too. I love that.

and let someone have  a problem and watch the prayers and well wishes flow!!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Nicely done and well said Jeff, turning a negative into a positive. My Mother (and Lena) would be proud of you!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

This is the friendliest and easiest site to use. I used it for years before I was a member. Almost like a family. And If you want just one song, you can find it here most of the time. Faster and easier than buying a book for that one song. Plus, I noticed if you come on here causing trouble, we all stick together.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

nice move jets turned a negitive into a positive!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The people who work together to make this site what it is is what makes me keep coming back. It's like family where everyone can depend on each other for help and well wishes when needed. Just like any family there are times when we don't agree on everything but we always get along with everyone. Questions asked are questioned answered - and some of those answers take hours of research.

nela