Topic: Yahama FG700S

I am Gus

I am a beginner..........

Is this Guitar any good?................ Yahama FG700S

How does it compare with other acustic Guitars?

Which one has the truest notes?

Gus

I think Elvis is going to make it big if he keeps going like he is!

Speak up I don't see as good as I used to!

Re: Yahama FG700S

Gus, ill give you the standard answer in this place.

play it with what you know. or take a friend who plays and check it out. My first acoustic was a Yamaha (so was my first bike too LOLOL).  if you think it sounds nice then its right for you.  I dont tend to get hung up on brand names.  Yamaha, Seagull, epiphone, dean. all good, I dont own a guitar over 400 bucks.

How about putting a post in the general section and tell us about yourself. the better we know you the more help you will get.  This place is pretty tight and we all want to help thoes who ask.  The trolls dont last long and neither do the jerks.  So welcome to teh best guitar site and fourm on the net.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Howdy!
I'm Gus actually nickname.......live in Colorado, Have lived in Arkansas and Texas
Real name Collin Courtney 70 years old with serious heart trouble............
I took up Guitar once when I was a teenage kid......I had the Major chords down good enough to jam around with some other kids.......
Things happened senior year..........the Army needed us to go down and see about Castro who had missiles
pointed at us........
Came home 4 years later had lost most of my guitar ability by then........
Got married had kids no time for the guitar........
Here I am 50 years later with a little time left......I thought I would take a more serious look back, with a much greater appreciation of God and his gifts..........
My goal is to learn "Jam-Man" a beautiful piece of work by Chet it's a long way from where I'm at........
Why not set your goals high even if I die trying......
The Guitar is just a wonderful and versatile instrument..........
My fingers are sore, so I will go now.......
Send me an email let me know about yourself.

Gus

I think Elvis is going to make it big if he keeps going like he is!

Speak up I don't see as good as I used to!

Hi and welcome Gusspoon - Gus - Collin. Your in the right place for great advice from lots of good people. I don't think to much about brand names, if a guitar sounds good and plays good it is good. I just turned 63 years young yesterday and like you I came back to the guitar after many years of trying to make a living. Your fingers will stop hurting once you develop callouses and build up muscle memory and hand/finger strength.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I love my Yamahas. I played a friends FG700S a few years ago and really liked it so I went looking for one. I came across an FG730S and snatched it up. I also have an FG Jr. It's a 3/4 size of the FG family. Can't go wrong with a Yami!!!!

But yeah, what Beamer said......

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I am partial to Yamaha acoustics. Just a good all around guitar. Thay won`t break your bank either

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have a FG750s from the mid 70s that I love.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Welcome Gus.  I know what you mean by no time for guitar while raising a family.  I did about the same thing.  I didn't really start trying until I retired a few years ago.  I'm 62 and loving it.  I don't know much about Yamahas, so can't help you there buddy.  Stick around and join us.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Collin,  I bought my son a FG750 for his 30th birthday about 4 years ago. Of the 5 various brand acoustics that I have access to, it plays and sounds as well as any. I think I paid $350 at GC. Set up properly, it will not tear up your finger tips.

Welcome to the site gusspoon,I think there are a lot of us here that are around your age I am 64. I do own a Yamaha FG401 acoustic and I love it. plays and sounds good. I only payed $50.00 for it in 1995. I have taken it all over too hot cold beach's and it still performs well. I will never sell it. I am saving too get a Martin D28,I got my Yamaha used so I do not know it's original pricing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman