Topic: NGD

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a long time but I do check in once and a while. A couple of weeks ago for my 25th wedding anniversary my loving wife bought me a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro2. I've been wanting the LP for a couple of years now and check them out constantly on line and at the guitar stores, but the money I've spent for the five guitars I already own and the constant chatting I do about my next one seems to get on her nerves, so it came as a total surprise when I unwrapped my gift and was the exact one I have been dreaming about. What do ya know! she really does listen when I speak guitar....I am more of a acoustic player but I do like plugging into my amp and letting it rip once in a while. I have a Taylor solid body electric that I've had for a couple of years now and I love to hold it and noodle around plugged or un plugged, but I have to admit the tone of the new LP blows it away. So for now I seem to be content, but...I already have my next guitar picked out, but I don't dare tell my wife...

Re: NGD

Congratulations. It looks like you found a 'one in a million' 25 years ago.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

That is great.  Give that wife a big hug for sure.  Happy NGD

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

P.S. Photo please............................ smile

Thanks Roger I would love to send a photo or two, but for as long as I've been a member here I have not been able to post photos. I have read all the links on how to do it, it just doesn't work. The only photo I have ever posted on Chordie was do to large help of Amy.

...and as if by magic. lol

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2874/9146860944_b9757d0214_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7295/9146869518_af4c8a8a6a_z.jpg

+1 for pics. No pics, didn't happen.

I'm jealous tho.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 25th and new guitar day,Les Paul great guitar I wish I still had mine.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Happy NGD.  Women like that are hard to find. Lucky I've got one.
Rock On !!!!

Joe

If my ex would've bought me a Les Paul I may still be married. Woulda been helpful to crank it up and drown out the nagging! smile

Happy NGD jcellini!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Happy NGD! One can never have to many stringed instruments. A Gibson Les Paul is my dream guitar.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Photos now shown, added to jcellini's last post.

Rog

That is sooooo sweeeet!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

13 (edited by dino48 2013-06-27 00:55:42)

Really a classy looking guitar you are lucky too have a wife that gives you a gift like this. I hope you gave her a good gift also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

just saw the pics. Beautiful guitar! Your gonna have to work hard to top that gift.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Awesome.. beauty ..drooling

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks Roger!