Topic: NGD

My Fender is too valuable to leave at home as a caravan is so easy to break in. So I have just bought a lower end guitar to leave there. It is a Daytona GR0300CB in black. It came in with 'gold' fitting that were tarnished and the supplier agreed to a great discount so I decided to buy it. I hate 'gold fittings with a vengeance anyway so I replaced them with black ones. I re-worked the nut, saddle and truss rod, fitted a new set of D'Addario 11's and tried it at the Rock Choir last week. Two hour's playing with no cramps or sore fingers. I think I got it right smile.

Roger
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7401/9221268355_dcb30f0c91_z.jpg

P.S. I have got a new set of wheels too cool

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: NGD

NICE!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

They look so good together.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I like them both.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Roger, I think you just might be cool.  wink  VERY NICE!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

both are very nice,I like!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice guitar. Stupid question. What is a caravan?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Roger Guppy wrote:

I hate 'gold fittings with a vengeance .......

I agree!!!!!!!!

Happy NGD and NMD!!!!!!! Nice red.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Nice guitar. Stupid question. What is a caravan?

not a stuped question jjj it is a  minivan made by Dodge.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

What Roger calls a caravan, we call a travel trailer here in the states. 

Amy - There's no maybe to it.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

You pull a trailer w a motorcycle?

Home Sweet Home....
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3744/9229550384_2c9690bf79_z.jpg

The Transit is the towing vehicle the Polo is the run around. The canvas awning doubles my living space and is basically my living room.

Roger

not sure about caravans but the bike and guitar are well cool !!

14 (edited by jets60 2013-07-07 15:20:13)

Roger - we really do need a like button. Nothing cooler than a guitar strapped to a motorcycle...at least for those of us who grew up when Elvis was still around. Congratulations on your new Daytona. BTW - Did you know that every spring there is a bike rally in Daytona Beach, Florida. Coincidence? I think not!

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Good looking guitar and bike.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Woops I guess I Was wrong about the dodge minivan, thas a full size motorhome I think.

Happy NGD/NBD! Cool indeed...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

18 (edited by Phill Williams 2013-07-07 18:09:53)

hey rog, is this a mid-life crisis? new guitar, new bike? plus a caravan and a trannie and a polo?

and wall to wall sunshine. talk about the life of riley?

are you riding around with the guitar mounted on the bike?

stick me down for a like button too

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

The like button would be good.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

jets60 wrote:

Congratulations on your new Daytona. BTW - Did you know that every spring there is a bike rally in Daytona Beach, Florida. Coincidence? I think not!

One of the addition things I liked about the guitar was the name...... My last bike was a Triumph Daytona, 955cc triple, now that was a bike. Sadly the roads here are not good and Portuguese drivers are some of the worst in the world, so it had to go. This little YBR250 will get me around economically and I will not be tempted to try and get 180mph out of her smile.

Roger

Roger I have had alot of motorcycles some street some dirtbikes.I got a old Triumph 650 bonneville from around the seventies and it was the best bike I ever owned.I never rode on something that handled so good in the corners.

If I had the money I would have a 60's Triton. A Norton Featherbed frame with a 650 Bonneville engine. A hybrid of the best frame and engine from that era.

As an aside Triumph are marketing the Bonneville again, the classic look but with bigger engines I believe.

Roger

cool photos Roger I had a Bonneville 650 in my younger days I chopped it out and did a lot of cruising all over California nothing like getting bugs in your teeth and the feel of the open road your weather must be seasonally nice year round or do you ever get snow? smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Roger Guppy wrote:

If I had the money I would have a 60's Triton. A Norton Featherbed frame with a 650 Bonneville engine. A hybrid of the best frame and engine from that era.

As an aside Triumph are marketing the Bonneville again, the classic look but with bigger engines I believe.

Roger

Glad too here that they will put the Bonneville out again,I love them. I also wanted a Norton but they were too costly for me and the used one got bought up too fast. Anyone here remember the Greeves or the B.S.A. and also the Great Bulltaco's from spain.

A friend of mine had a Bulltaco and permitted me to ride it.  Once the kick starter worked, it was a fun little dirt bike.  It could take quite a while to get it started.