Topic: BEER(that got your attention)

Gidday.

I gather there`s a few blokes on Chordie that enjoy a beer?
In the last few years in NZ there has been an explosion of craft beers, micro breweries making interesting beers.
For many years we had two large beer co selling flavoured water.
craft beer growing at 12% a year & other beer sales down 20%
Some single bottles now the same price as a some wine,
but great quality.
Is this a world wide trend/or happening in your area?

Beer & guitars what else do ya need.

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: BEER(that got your attention)

I have a feeling the fellas will know better than me about beer.  I think that's probably accurate for the US, though I still prefer vodka and whiskey myself big_smile Oh, and wine too.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Yea, ya got my attention, and I don't even consume alcoholic beverages. Moonshine and sweet tea the beverages of choice out here on the ridge.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

That has been going on in the states for alot of years here.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Everyone knows there's a Starbucks on every corner in Seattle.  What most people don't know is that there is a brewhouse on every other corner in Seattle.   You can go to the same bar every week for a year, and never drink the same beer twice.

It is quite cool.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

caught my attention even at 8 30 in the morning !! in the UK there are loads of small independent breweries , you find a lot of bars have their beers as guest ales and change them round so you get a good variety , some unusual names for the beers though e.g. Bishops finger , an howl , monkey ipa , but loads to try !!

Haven`t had any kind of alcoholic beverage since 1992. More to it than that. And not good either. Of course all these come out after I stop.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Me and beer dont get along very well

Let no talents go unused

Me and beer get along wonderfully although I don't drink it that often.  But when I di, I like to put down several.  I'm not crazy about a lot of fancy beers.  The cheap ones are just fine.  I like a real beer, not one with lemon and who knows what else.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

The county I live in in Virginia has come on strong the last decade as a wine production area.  When I first started enjoying wine tastings, there were 24 wineries in all of Virginia.  Fifteen years later, there are more than that just in our county.  As we have become better and better known for wine production (our strongest wines seem to be Traminette and Viognier varietals), craft brewing has become more popular too.  There are four craft breweries I can think of right off the top of my head.  I've only been to one of them, and my favorite drink at it was a fresh brewed birch beer (not alcoholic).  Really good. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Non Alcoholic beer can't be good.  I remember Near beer.  Boy were they a poor judge of distance.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Non Alcoholic beer can't be good.  I remember Near beer.  Boy were they a poor judge of distance.

It`s all I can drink. It`s better than near beer used to be. Still not like the real thing. If they come out with a non alcoholic scotch I will be there so fast.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

bensonp wrote:

No kind of birch beer is alcoholic.  It's a brewed soda, like ginger ale.  It's not meant to taste like beer.  It's got it's very own, spicy and sweet flavor profile. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Western NC has a booming craft industry.  It was beer city Usa last yr but lost it this yr.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

You are absolutely right Beamer....I lived in Asheville NC for a yr...and I tried to sample a craft beer every Friday night for a yr...and  I swear I only scratched the surface.  There is a micro brewery on every corner...  I do enjoy a good beer.... I probably should move back  :-)

It's better to burn out....than it is to rust

We visited Ashville a few years ago and LOVED it. Great city with lots to do and see.

Lived in Asheville from 1983 to 1990 when I joined teh Navy.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I only drink beer when I am playing for people. It takes only one to get me in the swing thinking of cool tunes to play. A second beer gets me up and more talkative. Any more than two and my skills begin to decline alarmingly.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

The best beer I ever drank was when I was in Germany and in the Air Force.  When I got back to the States I drank all kinds of beer and they all tasted like colored water to me.  I finaly setteled on Miller and now I like Miller 64.  It's all I buy now.

Without rock and roll, there is no music.