Topic: NGD

Im so excited long story short l called up a music instrument repair shop and ask him if they had any arch tops in he laughed and said sort of. We just restored a old 1955 silvertone new frets re work the neck left it in its original condition it plays beautifully he told me it would be worth the 200 mile trip i hop in my truck 2hrs later he showed it to me i could not belive i drove all the way there for that then i played her o my i fell in love with heri gave him his 290 dollars and headed home i have photos of her and my dobro but not smart enough to post them so i guess it never happened but im still a happy Happy man       PS it sold new from sear for 45 dollars

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3810/9336899002_309f83883c_z.jpg

Let no talents go unused

Re: NGD

Happy NGD Fire Art! 1955 arch top = sweet! If you'd like, email the pics to me and I'll be happy to post em for you

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

No pics = didn't happen. I don't have pics of a 1902 Martin I just bought. See, no pics = didn't happen.

Happy NGD!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents mail ordered a Silvertone Archtop from Sears for me around 1962. I think it cost $29.  It was the most beautiful guitar I had ever seen.   Of course I was a kid and didn't appreciate it as well as I should of.  I can't for the life of me remember what happened to it.  Good luck with it and happy NGD

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

5 (edited by dino48 2013-07-21 00:50:14)

I had a silvertone electric and amp around 1963 but not an archtop something like a strat. I do not know what I did with mine either. Happy new guitar day!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

So it did really happen. Like the guitars nor so sure about the skull between them though smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

That wall is just oozing mojo - love the patina on that archtop - beauty!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

HAPPY NGD!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.