Topic: Goodbye Chordie ,

Way way to many incorrect lyrics .  I need a site that is proud of their site and makes sure everything in the Chords and Lyrics are genuine and correct and this site is not one of those . To many stupid people that either can't hear , or they can't think when songs are posted ! Goodbye !

Re: Goodbye Chordie ,

gee will sure will miss you you have been so helpful

"Growing old is not for sissies"

That was certainly big of you. I realize that you are probably not smart enough to figure out chords or lyrics and change them when necessary, so you are indeed in the wrong place.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

At least you stuck it out to become a junior member. Missing you already.
This is the best site.

the chordie geordie

One of the things I noticed is even when something is not exact it's close enough to be useful and Chordie is a great asset for instructing people on how to play guitar.  I give instructions now and then on guitar playing everything from transitioning to fingerstyling and often the best way to teach is have a song everyone is familiar with printed out and made available .. The fact that you can change tones etc and it will change the notation is helpful because it makes it easier to play in some instances for some people.  ANd that you have multiple instrument formats is also helpful as well.. So to the Naysayer who just didn't like what he or she saw because there was an error or two possible.. I only have one thing to say Well we all can't be as perfect as you.. so why don't you post the corrections if you know they are wrong, furthermore if you're that perfect what do you need Chordie for in the first place you can play everything without it.

i may be rong but isnt that what the chordie editors are for? if you spot a mistake you can correct it? obviously having to work through a piece methodically to find the correct word or chord to help others not just yourself is beyond your scope which in turn disqualifies you from chordie membership.

i'd like to say it's been fun. i'd like to.........

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I think it is very sad that someone who has been on Chordie for 6 years does not know that the songs are NOT hosted here. As a search engine, Chordie collects all the songs from other sites and displays them in an easy to read manner where altering instrument tuning and transposing is done at the touch of a button. If there are error then they are on the host site!! However there is a facility available on Chordie that any Member, even a Junior Member, can edit and correct the songs.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Uh...okay.....Well goodbye cuckoo, and thanks for your 4 posts in 6 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNs3nK31DKc

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

No...no wait...here's another one! Good-a bye from-a all of our-a musical-a family!  wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol9_0schMHs

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

http://www.cbradioclub.com/media/kunena/attachments/620/dont-let-the-door-hit-you-where-the-good-lord-split-you1.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Roger Guppy wrote:

I think it is very sad that someone who has been on Chordie for 6 years does not know that the songs are NOT hosted here. As a search engine, Chordie collects all the songs from other sites and displays them in an easy to read manner where altering instrument tuning and transposing is done at the touch of a button. If there are error then they are on the host site!! However there is a facility available on Chordie that any Member, even a Junior Member, can edit and correct the songs.

Roger

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3266.gif
There's your thumbs up!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

four times in 6 years on the forum, I do not think he will be missed. we need too celebrate his going too another site.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

If someone wants an exact sheet, they need to pay for a licensed book and let the original artists earn a living.  I liken the chords and tabs to folks sitting around in a really huge living room showing one another informally how they've arranged a song for their own performance.  Anyone wanting exact reproduction of a record is chasing a will-o-the-wisp anyway. A single guitar and single voice is unlikely to be able to reproduce an entire band. For instance, I often strum to the main drum beat rather than to the way the acoustic guitarist on the record played. I find rhythm more evocative than harmonized guitar lines for playing alone. Tabs and chord charts just can't do that for you.

Further, I am one of those people who thinks that if you want to hear a precise replica of a song, play it on Youtube or iPod. Musicians SHOULD bring something of their own to the table when performing a cover. Again, that is something tabs and chord charts can't provide.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvpl9gSkZ71qkxjew.jpg

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

See ya. You will be missed so much.How will this site go on without you? What was your name again?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

so sad to see a valued member leave ,oh sorry my typings terrible , so glad to see a time waster leave ! goodbye

Love it Jerome!!! My fav movie!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

The really sad thing is that he will not be back for all our sweet replies.  I was on Chordie for 5 years befor I joined the forum.  NOW I HAVE LOTS OF GREAT FRIENDS ASIDE FROM GUITAR PAPER!! (OH and a great new nickname to boot big_smile )

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

amazing how a dick-head like him has united everyone, something like hitler really?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Oh my ...

RIP merrillmetzger.

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Children! Children! Go to your rooms!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

gtx wrote:

At least you stuck it out to become a junior member. Missing you already.
This is the best site.

Laughed my a** off at this........

You dont miss someone who's never here to start with!!!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

What a great opportunity for my 31st post!  Good bye valued member smile

"A bad note is only a fret or two away from a good note."  Anonymous