Topic: Sadly technology dependent

I have gotten so used to my GPS reminding me of exits and turns that when my GPS died, I got lost going to and from a place that I know well.  Once off course, I was clueless about how to get back on course and just had to turn around.  Sad.  Very sad. 

I ordered a new GPS today.   lol   I'm laughing at myself. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Sadly technology dependent

my sympathies zurf.

i had the option of having a GPS in my last 2 cars but turned them down. at home, it seems i have a great sense of direction, it's when we're abroad i get lost, so the wife takes over, not driving, mind you, walking! it has nothing at all to do with those scantily clad young ladies, honest!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I like scantily claded young ladies

Let no talents go unused

Bought a hand held GPS unit to use while hiking and searching for old family burial sites and found it useless while under the tree canopy. Glad that I kept the trusty old magnetic compass or I probably would never have found my way out of these mountains. My step daughter has a GPS in her van and really enjoys using it. I'm rather technologicly challenged so I think I'll just keep the old folding maps.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

It;s amazing how we become dependent on such things after having living without them for our entire lives. I love my GPS - especially when travelling to strange cities. I will certainly be packing it along with my tablet, laptop and cell phone this weekend for my trip to Amy's. Crazy - I'm going for a relaxing 3 day weekend and need to bring 4 devices that require power and and internet or satellite signal. Not to mention the guitar that also plugs in (optionally)!

My uncles used to tell me about their days of camping when they would take a row boat to Fire or Gilgo Islands, catch fish or clams for all their meals and dig holes for expelling said meals. Times sure have changed.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Fire art  wrote:

Finding those with a GPS requires a special feature.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

7 (edited by jets60 2013-07-24 03:03:47)

Zurf wrote:
Fire art  wrote:

Zurf, I think we need to work together and invent this special feature and we can call it the "G.P.S.S.C.Y.L.F." or The GPS Scantily Claded Young Lady Finder.

I'm thinking that once we get a prototype made we'll start raking in the mulah! cha-CHING!   smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:
Zurf wrote:
Fire art  wrote:

Zurf, I think we need to work together and invent this special feature and we can call it the "G.P.S.S.C.Y.L.F." or The GPS Scantily Claded Young Lady Finder.

I'm thinking that once we get a prototype made we'll start raking in the mulah! cha-CHING!   smile

I don't need one. Being so young and talented the  S.C.Y.L.'s find me lol cool lol

Roger

In my dreams!!!!

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I try not to use mine when I'm going places I know.  I'm scared of that exact thing happening to me.  I want to be able to still get around without the GPS (mines built into my phone), at least places that I should know how to get around!  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Roger Guppy wrote:

I don't need one. Being so young and talented the  S.C.Y.L.'s find me lol cool lol

Roger

In my dreams!!!!

hehehe....I'm thinking it's more about that guitar strapped to your motorbike...va-room!!!!!

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C