Topic: Nice customer huh..

Here is a post my uncle made on Facebook today.

"Received this from a potential customer today. What you think?

To

Hello bob...Thanks for the quote . Thats a good price.
I was interested until i saw the In God we Trust, God Bless America at the bottom of your email.
For the owner to be advertising personal beliefs in the business place is unprofessional.
I do not support businesses that do this.
Thank you for your time.
greg"

My uncle is not a religious person but does believe in what our country was founded on. This Greg guy is in my opinion an idiot. Hard to believe there are such closed minded people out there. I'm sure he has no problem spending American money that has these exact same sayings on them. Just plain ignorant.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Nice customer huh..

Z I think your uncle sounds like a good and patroitic american,and I agree the other guy sounds like a jerk.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I don't know about all that. The message wouldn't have turned me off, but I see the guys point. I equally dislike someone shoving their religious beliefs down my throat as I dislike someone sharing their anti-religious beliefs. Your uncle certainly has the right to include it, but he should be aware there might be ramifications.

I've been to business gatherings where the company included a christian prayer before dinner - I always thought that was wrong as well as there are likely non-christian and non-believers in the audience.

Religion and politics should remain private. Michael Jordan was once asked why didn't he take sides politically or endorse candidates - smartest thing I've ever heard him say.. "Republicans buy shoes too."

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

A free market is much more than the lowest price.   And like topdown, while I don't agree with the not-a-customer's opinion on the matter, I respect his right to have one and shop accordingly.  There a a lot of establishments I don't buy from based on that, no matter what price point they may provide.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Isn't America great

Let no talents go unused

Ill take the 5th  to up hold my mantra, church and state dont mix. So I stay off the topic.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I won`t discuss beliefs. But things like that don`t bother me. My daughter shops at Forever 21. On the bottom of their bags are the words  JOHN 3:15.  I am not going to stop her from shopping there because of that. I know some people that get offended because In god We trust is printed on currency. That doesen`t  bother me either

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Two people who are living the way they want to. I think the would-be customer is foolish for walking away from a good deal on a guitar because your uncle is willing to utter the 'G' word.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well said Zurf, you are indeed a wise man.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

i would remind you guys that one of the golden chordie rules is; NO RELIGION. and another NO POLITICS.

i saw a notice on the bar of a pub which read:-

IN GOD WE TRUST, EVERYONE ELSE PAYS CASH

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

It wasn't for a guitar. My uncle is in the plastics business. His company makes stuff out of sheet plastic. Inflatables, pond liners, buoys, that type of stuff.

Really he's not pushing it on anyone. It's just a signature on his e-mail. It's not like he didn't want to do business with the guy. But it is what it is.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Phill Williams wrote:

i would remind you guys that one of the golden chordie rules is; NO RELIGION. and another NO POLITICS.

Or the GREAT PUMPKIN

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

?

i repeat

?

The Great Pumpkin is a figure from the Peanuts comic strip.  It's associated with bringing candy on Halloween much like the Easter Bunny brings candy at Easter.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

Or the GREAT PUMPKIN

Linus always said there are 3 things you don`t discuss in public. Politics, Religion and the Great Pumpkin

Enjoy Every Sandwich

zguitar wrote:

It wasn't for a guitar. My uncle is in the plastics business.

Well there's the problem.  Your uncle should sell guitars.

Zurf wrote:
zguitar wrote:

Now thats funny

Let no talents go unused

Fire art  wrote:
Zurf wrote:
zguitar wrote:

Now thats funny

I will second that is funny,zurf puts a nice twist on things.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I believe a quote is attributed to Benjamin Franklin something like this:

"I may not agree with your opinion, but I'll fight to the death for your right to express it."

On a related note, I have 30+ years experience in retail (22 at management level) and I can safely say that "The customer is seldom right." As a policy for good customer relations, a retailer needs to accommodate whenever possible. But the truth is that most customers know much, much less about the product / service they are buying, than the individuals(s) selling it.

20 (edited by bensonp 2013-07-25 22:04:02)

I, also am not religous, but it would not keep me from buying the product.  That, sir, is stupidity with a blindfold on. I am not buying your beliefs, I am buying your product. I also agree with Jeff. I don't like it pushed at me, but I don't consider it to be pushed in my face in this case. Now if you say I have to come to your church, I will not buy it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

i agree with bensonp but disagree with the funster. i also have many years in the retail trade selling directly to customers quite successfully. and i always worked to the premise that if the customer has very little knowledge of a product a good salesman will allow him to think he does and by the time he's bought it....he does and he thinks the salesman is his best friend.

i often got customers to pay their bill, which they were adamant that they wouldn't while offering me a cup of tea! just because i found some common ground. i must admit i was good at that job, but i lost interest.

where politics and religion are concerned, always agree.

Hi y'all

I've been lurking for a couple of years, rarely logging in but I have sporadically kept up with the forum posts.  I couldn't resist this one!

God bless America? Why?  No other country on earth would dream of turning something so crass into a slogan.  Certainly not one that has to be used to close political speeches, sales deals and all the other self righteous, in your face self congratulatory uses to which it is routinely put.  Makes my blood boil.  Shouldn't you be blessing others rather than yourselves?  I don't believe in God either which is why unless a conversation is started involving the existence of God it doesn't get mentioned.  Shouldn't this be the way rather than having the concept in your face from the beginning?  I refer you all to one of my early songs posted on here;

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4590

if you read the comments underneath it explains why I wrote it and partly why I responded here.

Cheers guys, keep on rocking in the free world

I'm the son of rage and love

Don't be such a stranger, Bud.  Good to see on the Chat Corner again.

hi bonedaddy, i looked back as you suggested and i'm so glad i did, i came across some names that haven't appeared here for some time. and i remembered conversations i had with them and i realized how much i miss their posts and their views.
as far as your song goes, yes it is well written and your thoughts are forcefully put. well done.

so regardless of peoples religious principles, thoughts and beliefs, we should all respect them and try not to foist our beliefs on those who do not share our beliefs.

let us prey that in this enlightened age, followers of all religions and non-religions can agree to disagree and co-exist in harmony and love. at the end of the day; surly that is what we all crave?

I have found that the degree to which the customer is right is directly proportional to the amount of money they are about to spend.  I spent the last portion of my career doing seven figure deals with your phone company, and you can bet that with that amount of scratch in play, they're going to be more right than you are every time.

I just started a new gig (trains this time, cool!) but I'm not on the sales side.  But since our biggest customers are also our owners, I'd imagine they're right most of the time, too.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]