1 (edited by NELA 2013-08-05 23:11:40)

Topic: I need to give one of our members the finger

and that finger is a "THUMBS UP" for a job well done. I have not been able to sit down and play music due to the issues I have had with both of my hands that led to surgery. Awhile back I heard a song on the radio that just kept playing in my head. I searched everywhere for the song, lyrics abd chords without much luck. I was able to find the song on you tube so I was able to listen to it and I was able to get the lyrics. I could never find the lyrics with chords. So having gone thru all those steps I made a post in the "Song Requests" asking for help. I got a response from one of our members who had taken the time to listen to the song and send  me the chords as he heard them. So now I had the lyrics and the chords but since I could not sit down and strum along to the song I could not put things together. So I contacted this person again and asked if I sent him the song typed out if he could place the chords in their proper place. He agreed and I now have the song all written out with the chords where they go. Now keep in mind that this is a simple song that starts out with the chorus in the key of "B", steps up a half step for the 2nd verse, steps up another half step when it returns to the chorus for a 2nd time and then up another half step for the "tag" (repeat of the chorus). Since the song modulates as it does with the change in keys it make it difficult when you can't play along. This has been a great help to me and I want to personally thank our Chordie member "THEALEXPKEATON".  Mr Keaton, thanks for your help with this song. Things like this is what makes Chordie as strong as it is, today. Members helping members is always a good thing. From Denmark to Louisiana - who would have thunk it?

NELA

Re: I need to give one of our members the finger

Excellent.  Good job and well done Alex P. Keaton (my Mom used to call me that - seriously she did).

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nice - this is exactly the kind of thing that makes chordie the place that it is. Friendly folks from around the globe lending help and support.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Zurf wrote:

Excellent.  Good job and well done Alex P. Keaton (my Mom used to call me that - seriously she did).

I think so too,and zurf  that show with Akex P Keaton was one of my favorites.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

FAMILY TIES

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Well done Alex P Keaton!!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

YEAH to the chordie membership and special thanks Alex P Keaton!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

nother hooray goes out to Alex P Keaton and Chordie.  What a place.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

well done to mr keaton , thats what these forums should be about , too many of them seem to be full of people bragging how good they are and putting everyone else down , long may it continue .

with all the garbage that's going round in the UK with facebook and twitter, it feels so good to be part of a social networking site that actually helps, supports and makes the membership happy and relaxed. well done alex, and a big pat on the back to nela for telling us this good news.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

"Good on ya!" (Australia), "Kudos!" (USA), "Jolly good!" (Britain), and "Way to go, eh?" (Canada).

beamer wrote:
dino48 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

FAMILY TIES

Thanks beamer,it was bothering me that I could not remember the shows name. Micheal J fox was great in the part,too bad he has a desease now and can not act anymore. I read somewhere he is a good guitar player and did the Johnny b. Good song in Back too the Future.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

He is still acting also.  I does spots in many shows and has a new show coming this fall.  Amazing guy really

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.