Topic: I actually won something

It wasn't a Martin, though it's still pretty neat. 

As a number of folks here realize, I enjoy water as much as I do guitar.  The rivers in the mid-Atlantic states of the U.S. are in terrible condition.  One of the environmental organizations I support is Shenandoah Riverkeeper (part of the Riverkeeper Alliance).  They had a picnic for their donors and volunteers each summer, and while I was at it this year I bought some raffle tickets.  The drawing was this weekend during Riverfest at Shenandoah River State Park, and I won the kayak they were raffling.  I don't think I've ever taken a grand prize, and so I'm quite happy to have this be the one I get. 

http://www.cdkayak.com/products/templat … 64a0d607f9

I don't know whether I'll fit in the narrow boat with my wide backside, but I'm going to give it a good effort. 

I have to go pick it up this week at the park.  I'll probably take along a paddle and a life jacket and give it a test.  Right were the park is isn't ideal test water for it, but what the heck.  I'm not an ideal paddler.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: I actually won something

Good for you. With the best congratulations to you

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Congrats!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

That's excellent Zurf.  Always nice when someone you know wins.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

congrats hope you enjoy your prize  .

Good too see you won zurf!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Congrats Derek !!

With a 14.75" depth, there may be enough room for you to squeeze your frame into that yak.

Did a lot of folks show up for the Riverfest?

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

DE

I didn't make it.  I was up in Pennsyltucky.  Herschel said it was a good turnout once the Early Morning Rain cleared out and turned into a Sunny Afternoon.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Well done Zurf, it should give you some hours of fun.

er........... Just in case, can your better half take a video camera with her when you launch it smile?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

"Keep on 'yakking in the free world!" (Neil Young, sort of ...) Kayaks are the original "stealth boat", and perfect for smallmouth bass fishing, i.e., sneakin' up on the bigguns!

Awesome Zurf - Congrats!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

Awesome Zurf - Congrats!

I should be able to make it down to Florida in it.  Let's see, roughly 2000 miles down the coast, cross over to the Gulf, then back up the coast.  20 miles per day average once I get my stride.  That's only, uh, 100 days of paddling.  I better get more beer. 

- Zurf

Zurf wrote:
topdown wrote:

Awesome Zurf - Congrats!

That's only, uh, 100 days of paddling.  I better get more beer. 

- Zurf

And a motor!

That's pretty cool!!!  That would be my luck, winning = awesome, trying to use it = no go. Hope you fit in it.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

topdown wrote:
Zurf wrote:
topdown wrote:

Awesome Zurf - Congrats!

That's only, uh, 100 days of paddling.  I better get more beer. 

- Zurf

And a motor!

I've got one on my canoe.  It's got a 1,000 carrying capacity.  That might be almost enough to carry an adequate supply of gasoline and potato chips.

How bout I just use some of my miles and you fly down! LOL

Congrats on the win, Zurf!  It's nice that an organization for helping can provide an exciting raffle in return.  Usually it's not so much fun.  Good for you and the organization!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Just a thought zurf maybe you could put some posts between the two canoe's add a sail and you would have a almost Catermaran.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Just a thought zurf maybe you could put some posts between the two canoe's add a sail and you would have a almost Catermaran.

Now there's some clear headed thinking.

Good friend of mine had a Hobbie Cat  we used too take out in the sea off Santa Cruz,they are a blast,if you ever get a chance too take one out don't miss the expierence.

Zurf wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

DE

I didn't make it.  I was up in Pennsyltucky.  Herschel said it was a good turnout once the Early Morning Rain cleared out and turned into a Sunny Afternoon.

Gordon Lightfoot to Kinks in one sentence.  You are bad to the bone buddy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.