Topic: Finally...A Martin

I bought a Martin 00-15M last Friday. Still experimenting with it. By far the most expensive guitar I've ever bought. I ain't no Rockefeller!

I'll post the obligatory photographs once I'm on my laptop instead of this IPad.
Dj

Re: Finally...A Martin

SWEET!!!!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy MGD (Martin Guitar Day) nao!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Since you have already promised pics, I will offer up a Happy NGD!!!! But I'll take it back if I don't see some pics.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Z a big happy ngd,someday I will get my martin I have wanted one for so long and I am saving for it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Congrats!!  There's nothing like a new guitar - and a new Martin is pretty cooooool

DITTO ON ALL THE ABOVE

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Happy NMGD. Looking forward to the pictures and then to some recordings smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Good for you. Happy NGD

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

CONGRATS NAO!  I didn't know they made a 00-15M, I thought the 000-15M was the smallest (which is the one I have).  I've just read up, and apparently the 00 is better for fingerpicking.  Can't wait to hear some recordings!!! 

Yeah yeah, I know, I haven't done any yet.  I will... I promise, right after I hear yours.  wink

HAPPY NGD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hey Nao, excellent purchase, I am sure.  happy NGD.  You will both bond well over the years.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

A very frightening experience last night. I did not know Martin recessed the truss rod very deep to keep amateurs away. I wasn't intending to adjust anything - it's not needed - just surprised to see a hole with no truss rod. The Internet, a flashlight, and a mirror cleared things up.

I bought this used from a friend at a very good price. It is in near mint condition. Even the strings seem new. And I got the Martin case with it.

p.s. I know how much Zurf likes my curtains so here it is.
dj

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RGCEqeJXBIY/UgFN_FSLo1I/AAAAAAAAGOA/q8BeQAtkzEM/w280-h618-no/Image.jpg

She's a beauty.  How does she sound?  I want to buy me a smaller bodies Martin sometime but don't know which one yet

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I do love the curtains.  They are appropriately flashy for showing off your beautiful new Martin.

Now, go play.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

You next Zurf?  A martin I mean?

Schweeeeeet!  I love the smaller 00 size.  I've got a 000 Martin (000-16SRGT) but have drooled every time I see someone with a 00.

Congrats.

I know what you mean about the truss rod.  Freaked me out at first too.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

bensonp wrote:

You next Zurf?  A martin I mean?

Nope.  I was close.  I tried to get Jets60 hired at my company, which would have netted a generous referral bonus, but unfortunately for both of us they passed him by.  To be clear, I'd have refered him without the potential bonus because he's a smart, honest, and capable person, but I wasn't about to turn away money! 

- Zurf

Thats a beauty nao,it really helps me too keep saving for one.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good for you Nao. You will love it.   b

Nice! Happy NGD...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Congrats, always loved Martins.

Nao, Congrats !!! I know your gonna love it. I have 2 Martins and they just keep getting better and better.
Rock On!!!!

Joe

I sold the Martin yesterday. It simply did not live up to my expectations. First, value. Although I only paid $650 (a steal) it turns out it was not even worth this to me. Second, the tuners. Really this is another statement about value. I've bought, sold, owned over 30 acoustic guitars from $40- to $650. This was the ONLY one that had stiff and finicky tuners. Fixable? Sure. But for this level of guitar why should I have to fuss with them? These were Martin-branded open back, butterbean tuners and disappointingly cheap. I'll take Grovers - even the fake ones - any day. Third, the sound. This guitar sounded good but it did not sound any better than any of my other guitars. For example, yesterday I bought a 1983 Yamaha SJ-180 (000, all-laminate body) for $90. It oozes more value, features, etc than the Martin and sounds as good.

For those who play and love Martins, God bless you. For me I'll look elsewhere.
dj

p.s. Please don't excoriate me this is just one man's experience and opinions.

The guitar has got to fit your hands and suit your ears.  If it doesn't do that, no name on the headstock makes it good for you. 

When I bought my Guild, I went in looking to buy a Martin.  The Guild just sounded better to me when I compared specific guitars side by side.