Topic: i was ashamed

Its been a tough a month 1955 arch top i bought last month i left on my bed face up under a ceiling fan on a 90 degree day i got a phone call and had to town and pick up my son came home pick up my GuiTars and it sounded terrible it pop its top anb back and crack its back  I felt terrible l killed my new guiTar it you can call 57 year old guiTar new i called the Luther i bought it from he told me he look at it he glued back to geather  i went pick it up today she sounds great charge me 95 bucks for the repair. Lesson learned case my GuiTars when done and keep them hydrated

Let no talents go unused

Re: i was ashamed

You are lucky you did not leave it out for much longer,sounds like you have a good repairman.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sadly we usually learn by making mistakes, we just have to remember not to make the same ones again smile.

It may have cost some cash but at least it was not fatal.....

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ouch and a great ending.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

5 (edited by beamer 2013-08-26 21:09:17)

You must have a really dry house!  I have made this statement b4, but seems it bears repeating. Get a large  mixing bowl (I use a plastic one), if you have a intake for you AC on floor level put it there.  If you dont have AC, just put it in a corner where no one will kick it and fill it with water.  If air is that dry it will take it from the easiest place it can get it.  better a bowl of water than my guitar wood.  OR, you can buy a humidifer or mister.  http://www.bing.com/shopping/1-gal-cool … ;FORM=HURE  dont know about the UK but I am sure you can find something like this over there.  I have seen a few like this in some guitar shops that were having a problem with bridges pulling away from bodies.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I'm glad the story has a happy ending.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude