Topic: Whats the effect?

Hi, i've been trying to replicate the rythym guitar on amy winehouse covering valerie by the zutons (the slower version) so i can back a singer.  I think its got some phase or flange and some reverb but i'm new to using effects and can't seem to pin it down.  Just bought a POD effects unit and i'm sure the sounds in there somewhere.  Thanks.  Stu

Re: Whats the effect?

It will remain always a point of discussion, talking about effects. I have a zoom 8080 (I think) age already 10 years, and he is still super.
I have 2 small effect "machines" 1 little Korg Pandora, with this little thing you can create quit a lot of drum and bass patterns and around 40 effects + a bunch of amps.
The biggest is the line 6 floor, with about 100 or more, problem: I have a fender cybertwin, who has already hundreds of different (mainly,of course, fender, like bassman, vibroking) types of amps, and a lot of special effects, a little bit stupid to buy that line 6. I have 3 amps, so I can use it and it is great, but if I should buy a new device, it will be a device who has a lot of amps and effects, but also one CAPABLE TO RECORD, you can play along, by putting a CD in it, or you can burn YOUR CD

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

3 (edited by acmecorp 2007-07-17 14:15:20)

Re: Whats the effect?

I think the guitarist in question is using compression and a little bit of chorus.

I get a similar sound using that combination using my Telecaster through a Vox Valvetronix modelling amp.

(Oh and you're right he/she has got reverb on there as well)