Topic: For the fisherman and fish lovers

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/Blog/20 … amp;or=ros

Now you know exactly what to use for bait.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hawaii-g … ter-2013-9

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: For the fisherman and fish lovers

What is a shrew?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I fished the Togiak Wildlife Preserve. Amazing place.  It's about the size of New England and only eight people per day are permitted to take their boats in it. That's four boats, two fisherman each.  The gamest game fish I've ever caught came from there. In reading the article, many fishermen might have thought 'a 19"rainbow is not a small fish."  It is in Togiak.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Very cool article ... thanks for the link!

In our area in the early Springtime, larger brown trout can often be caught at night by stripping a Deer Hair Mouse across the current in a pool. As the season progresses, they'll move to smaller surface flies instead of larger meals. Right now, they won't look at a fly any larger than a #16, such as small Caddis imitations, Queen of the Waters, or Dark Cahill's. Brook Trout and 'Bows tend to be less selective.

It's now Atlantic Salmon season in these parts, but the early reports aren't very good.

A shrew is a small mouse like mole.

My uncle used to tell me a story about watching small duck chicks disappearing out in the middle of a large pond. Story goes that huge catfish were underneath the chicks sucking them under. I would like to see that. Don't know if it's true or not.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

A large catfish could definitely eat a duckling. I was fishing a lake one time where four enormous northern pike were laying next to one another and there were ducks swimming over them. I don't know how the ducklings weren't molested by those pike.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

A large catfish could definitely eat a duckling. I was fishing a lake one time where four enormous northern pike were laying next to one another and there were ducks swimming over them. I don't know how the ducklings weren't molested by those pike.

On one of my Quetico canoe trips I watched a pike grab a squirrel swimming across a lake.

About 25 years ago when I was working in Pennsylvania there was a newspaper article about a huge muskie found dead in a lake.  It had attacked a full-grown duck from beneath and apparently the duck had been kicking it's legs and they caught in the muskie's gills when it tried to swallow the duck.  Both were dead when found.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Ed ... the account of the muskie and duck sounds like a "Far Side" cartoon. Crazy situation!

I once saw a muskie strike a young goose. Scared the bajeezus outta me.