Topic: Football 2013-2014

Its here football fans!! the first sunday, my 49ers are starting out with Russels  Green Bay Packers. It should be a good game.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Football 2013-2014

dino48 wrote:

Its here football fans!! the first sunday, my 49ers are starting out with Russels  Green Bay Packers. It should be a good game.

GO PACKERS, have to say that because I was born in Wisconsin. Being from Indiana I have to be a Colts fan. Also we are crying today here under the Golden Dome.

For football fans, football started last week when my Huskies stomped all over Boise State.  smile

For us NFL fans, yay!  It's time!

I will say that if the Seahawks play against SF like they did against Carolina today, they're going to get beat badly.   The interior line play on both sides of the ball was horrible.   Offensive linemen getting knocked over backwards by linebackers, no pass rush at all, stupid penalties, and when DeAngelo Williams can stuff it right down the middle of your defense, you know you have problems.

I can't believe Russell Wilson had 320 in that game.  He must have run seven miles while throwing it.  Carolina's front seven were all over him all day long.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

The Pack lost a tough fought game gotta give the 49's credit no turnovers and time of possession a heartbreaker for packer fans but the seasons young and they will fight

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Ugh. 4 months of conversations I don't have a prayer at understanding.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Russell_Harding wrote:

The Pack lost a tough fought game gotta give the 49's credit no turnovers and time of possession a heartbreaker for packer fans but the seasons young and they will fight

Russell that was a nail biter!!,if you did not miss some hearbeats you were not alive.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

Russell that was a nail biter!!,if you did not miss some hearbeats you were not alive.

There were 3 bad decisions in the game 2 by the special teams and a blown call by the refs the decision to run it out on the kickoff was stupid it set Greenbay back on there 10 yrd line (twice) and instead of being 4 and 1 on the penalty they replayed 3rd down and it cost the packers a touchdown

Russell there where bad calls made on both sides like when the big blond hair guy slammed our quarterback too the ground after he went too the sideline on a run it works both ways.

dino48 wrote:

Russell there where bad calls made on both sides like when the big blond hair guy slammed our quarterback too the ground after he went too the sideline on a run it works both ways.

That was Clay Matthews and he was panelized for it;

Well, I gotta weigh in on Canuck football.

I'll first admit that our talent pool is less because the league is smaller (8 teams), smaller cities, smaller arena, all = lower wages. We did have a couple Canadians do great things in the NFL (Doug Flutie, Warren Moon, etc.), and I've been a Patriots fan since the days of Sam "The Bam" Cunningham.

But I do like our longer & wider field, plus the bigger end zone. It makes for more "big play" football than grinding it out, especially with our 3 downs versus the NFL's 4 downs. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I do prefer our Canadian game. With all this said:

"Go, Pats, go!"
"Lets go, Argos!"

Football's a great game, no matter where or how it's played.

11 (edited by dino48 2013-09-10 01:29:55)

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

That was Clay Matthews and he was panelized for it;

He may have got penilized but he started a fight amongst the teams so they both got penilzed and the peneltys offset each other. He also had been bragging that he was going too take out our quarterback,I do not respect him anymore. You can do that on the field but you can not nail someone on the out of bounds.I would like too end this discussion now as we seem too be going nowhere and the game is history, and we could put the sports posts in a catagory like politics or bad language which is not fair too us and the other members.

dino that's football its a tough sport trash talk is part of it no hard feelings with me your standing up for your team I can understand that and wish a good season for the 49's so we can meet them again smile

I feel the same russ,and as always I think you know besides my 49ers my next team too them are the Green bay Packers,I have always liked that team and respected them. I hope the Packers will have a great season!

smile smile smile smile

15 (edited by dino48 2013-09-16 19:51:36)

Russ your team  looked good yesterday 9-15- 2013, my team got smacked down by Jeromes seahawks. 29 to 3. Well the season is still young.

dino48 wrote:

Russ your team  looked good yesterday 9-15- 2013, my team got smacked down by Jeromes seahawks. 29 to 3. Well the season is still young.

I watched both games the packers were on cruise control most of the second half never really threatened. The 49ers Seahawk game was a real surprise to me I thought it would be a shootout but Seattle was tenacious on defense and offense gotta give credit where its due I'm sure the 49's will bounce back just like the pack did there too good a team not to smile

Thats true russ, it is really hard too play in there stadium as you can not call audibles or hear yourself in your own huddle.I saw on espn that they set new record for loudest decibles from a stadium last night,but they do have a really good team this year. I am surprised we have not heard from Jerome!

I can feel him snickering lol

No way was Seattle/SF going to be a shootout.  They are two run focused offenses with bone shaking running backs and absolutely brutal defenses.  They are really built similarly.   Kapernick's 4brazillion yards last week wasn't how they want to win games, but that was how they had to win games as Green Bay had taken their run away.   The niners and the Hawk's like to run the ball.   Anyway,  Seattle hasn't given up more than 20 since November of last year, so points in this one were going to be at a premium.   

That's twice in a row Seattle has laid a beating down on them, though, so I expect the week 14 matchup in Candlestick (or whatever they call it these days) to be an even tougher game.  Seattle should have Percy Harvin in the lineup by then, as well as Chris Clemons.  What is the word on Michael Crabtree?

And that stadium is absurdly loud.   smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

20 (edited by dino48 2013-09-18 00:46:59)

Hi Jerome,they beat us fair and square,my team made a lot of mistakes,your did not we could not do a passing game as we are missing crabtree and manningham, bolden is not fast enough for the defense there. I think your stadium hurts teams that uses a lot of audibles like the forty niners. Well you got a good team this year! I am not sure when crabtree or manningham will be back.

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how she liked it.

"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents."

Dumbfounded, her boyfriend asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was... 'Get the quarter back! Get the quarter back!'

I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!"

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Good one tops!!,and it is clean too.

I thought it might help Zurf understand the game. smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

I thought it might help Zurf understand the game. smile

I am sure Zurf is totally confused now,he may think a huddle is a place too hide the quarter.  The thing about football unlike baseball is most of us did not play when we were younger,my two sons do not know much about the game either.

Can't stop smiling this season. My Saints are 2-0 after two division games .Alabama is 2-0 after an threat by Johnny Football. Our local high school Fairhope Pirates are 4-0.
As a Charter 1967 Saints fan, I know well the pain of losing - but not today, baby. smile

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?