Topic: Musicians With Alternate Careers

We all tend to think of our favorites musicians through a narrowly-focused musical lense. It's always refreshing and often humorous to find out they have a completely different side to them, and sometimes engage in completely different career paths than music. Witness one of many tubes of Rick Wakeman's "Grumpy Old Man" Watchdog segment he used to do for the BBC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwYLIUhr … wYLIUhrqrM

Certainly quite different than the virtuoso keyboard playing we know him for from YES.

I seem to recall that British folk-rocker Roy Harper was also a national level cricketeer in his day. There are many more, and it might be eye-opening to see what others have discovered about their favorite musicians.

Re: Musicians With Alternate Careers

Off the top of my head, there are lots of actors that are musicians. Kevin Bacon, Jeff Bridges, Hugh Laurie, Gary Sinise, Billy Bob Thornton......

Kinda sux for us that they have 2 gigs and we have none. but as long as they're keeping music alive then more power to them.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

3 (edited by dino48 2013-09-15 01:00:28)

Russell Crow plays in some kind of band also. Micheal J fox can also play guitar very well,he did play it in the movie Back To the Future,the Chuck Berry tune. I do not think he can play now because of his disease.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

4 (edited by beamer 2013-09-23 21:10:54)

dino48 wrote:

Russell Crow plays in some kind of band also. Micheal J fox can also play guitar very well,he did play it in the movie Back To the Future,the Chuck Berry tune. I do not think he can play now because of his disease.

oh he can still rip it. check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Y-PdD1TbA
this is not too long ago.

I have to agree with one of the you tube comments:

MJF              1
Parkensons   o

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Micheal is really a talented guy,he is coming out with a new tv show this winter,I have always been a fan of his.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman