Topic: Havent played since April.

I haven't played since April. Time flies. Recent "Obligations" have taken up every minute I have. Hopefully I can get started sometime. I have all these toys downstairs sitting doing nothing. Didn`t realize until I counted the months just now. I am not looking to get in a band. I just want to get to playing again. Actually, starting any kind of band just isn`t important to me right now. Just venting. Thanx.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Havent played since April.

That sounds familiar I go through periods of inactivity other interest grab my attention (chess) but not for as long as you have but if your thinking about it enough to post this don't worry its still there and when your ready you will pick it up and play smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Wow that's a long time Joey. I think it's time for you to grab the Trout, sit down, and have some fun playing. Even if you can find 10-15 mins, at least it's something.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

that is a long time to not play. I get lazy also. I have found that if I set my small Takamine on the couch where I set at night I will pick it up and play a little something.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Whoa, jjj that is a long time without playing, priorities man, ya gotta get em straight. just kidding ya, hope can get those obligations out of the way and get back to playing. its good to vent once in a while, who better to vent to than your chordie family.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Wholly cow thought 2 day was a long time

Let no talents go unused

HOpe the wife is feeling better soon and everything else works out.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Hey, it's not compulsory! But it is a lot of fun. Take it easy!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Was planning to get some playing in but it didn`t happen again. Too busy working and caring for my wife. Also trying to do the things she usually does. Grocery shopping, taking the dog to get groomed and just staying with her in case she needs anything.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Too busy working and caring for my wife. Also trying to do the things she usually does. Grocery shopping, taking the dog to get groomed and just staying with her in case she needs anything.

Ok, did I miss something???? What's going on with the wife????

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

11 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2013-09-30 08:32:10)

zguitar wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Too busy working and caring for my wife. Also trying to do the things she usually does. Grocery shopping, taking the dog to get groomed and just staying with her in case she needs anything.

Ok, did I miss something???? What's going on with the wife????

She fractured her back (recently). Can`t do anything. can only walk a few feet (with a walker). I havent been sleeping well. Working 12 hours a day and trying to keep it together.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

She fractured her back (recently). Can`t do anything. can only walk a few feet (with a walker). I havent been sleeping well. Working 12
hours a day and trying to keep it together.

I'm sure the Trout has also been a help.  My best wishes for her recovery.  In the meanwhile, you're doing the right thing.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

13 (edited by bluejeep 2013-09-30 15:00:00)

Hope your wife recovers from her injury. I know what it's like being a caregiver. Take care of yourself jjj.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I hope you both come out of your slump.  I have stopped playing for one reason or other all my life.  As Russell said, we all go through those periods.  I have to admit, since I retired I have hardly missed a day with the guitar.  But that is because I have plenty of time now. I hope all goes well soon for you both.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Things are still together so I believe you are doing a fine job. It's time like these that separate the men form the boys, as they say. I think we would all say that you have stepped up and shown what a man should do for his family. Keep on keepin on and things will get better.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Jjj sorry to hear about your wife hope she gets well soon, I know a couple of people who had similar injuries and all made good recoveries , slowly but surely , these sort of things cannot be rushed but you will get there in the end hope you can find some time to play a little would help you relax a bit .best wishes to you both

I was so sorry to hear about your wife's health problems, and your own troubles with poor sleep and over work.  I'm sure it's especially vexing not to be able to play the guitar! I have nothing to add to what other posters have written except to say that your circumstances  touched me deeply and I hope that sometime in the future we'll be able to read about your wife's recovery and your return to playing!

Hey JJJ, I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. You must be totally exhausted! My best wishes and regards to your other half and hope that you and her come out of this refreshed and ready to take on the world again.

As for the guitar thing; I have a little strum most days, but I get depressed and frustrated when I seem to end up playing the same old riffs and chord sequences. A lay off of a couple of days helps put the desire back into it, I don't know if I could last all those months though. Just think of the joy you'll get when you get back into it.

Keep your chin up. Respect.

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

That is a difficult thing to deal with and I think your doing the right thing the guitar will always be there best wishes for a speedy recovery for your wife smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

jjj I guess I missed something about your wife in the beginning I hope she will get better soon it is hard for one person too do all around the house and work all the hours as you do.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thank you to everyone for the support and good wishes. My wife has been hospitalized for the past 3 days. I spend as much time as I can there. Still trying to juggle everything and have been keeping it together so far. Thanks again.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

jjj  you made it too Honoured member with your 1000 post's congratulations!!. Hope things will get better sooner.

Best wishes to you and Mrs. JJJ for a speedy recovery. It's an honor to know a man who took his marriage vows seriously, and that you're standing by your wife through these struggles.

dino48 wrote:

jjj  you made it too Honoured member with your 1000 post's congratulations!!. Hope things will get better sooner.

That`s great but I wish it were for a different reason.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Hang in there JJJ - it's a tough road for certain!  I hadn't been playing much either and each time things get to the point where I stare at the guitar and wonder... I remember what it does to help me out when things are so rough and I pick it up if only for one song.  That generally tends to help prime me for the next time.  You need a little down time too, and I imagine your wife would agree.  Don't wear yourself too thin.  I'm sure that's far easier said than done of course.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.