1 (edited by mekidsmom 2013-10-07 10:59:59)

Topic: Hanging Guitars

Thanks to Amy for direction on how to upload photos!

As per Russell's recommendation several weeks ago, here's the "hobby wall" in the "man cave" with guitars now hanging ... much safer!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ADYL … 190260.JPG

edit by Amy: you just forgot to use the img tag before and after the location.  smile
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ADYL0uTkc3Y/UlKI7JQQo-I/AAAAAAAAAAc/KtzDe1nV2Nk/s307/P8190260.JPG

Re: Hanging Guitars

Looking good on the wall!  We have 4 hanging in our bedroom, and then two more hanging around the house.  My Martin goes into the case when the heat comes on.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Way to go looing sharp smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Looks great buddy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

looks great!

HEY HERE A CHEAT FOR DOING PHOTO POST.

1. R CLICK ON PIC WHERE EVER IT IS ON THE WEB, GET ITS LOCATION FROM PROPERITIES,HIGHLIGHT AND SAVE.  (EXPLORER)  IN GOOGLE OR FIRE FOX IT WILL HAVE SAVE IMG LOCATION.
THEN i GO TO THIS WEB PAGE in another tab   http://www.autogeekonline.net/
find any topic that you want and go to bottom of page for reply.  hit go advanced.

on advanced page, click on the pic link.  a box will come up, get rid of the stuff in it, and paste your address in it and hit ok.  it will give you  the complete link you need for your image.  just copy and paste that in here.

thats how I started putting pics in here.  it seems wordy, but its really easy after you get teh hang of it.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

That seems an awfully complicated way of doing it.

From the properties you can highlight and copy the address, paste it onto your Chordie message, put [img]at the front and[/img] at the end. Job done.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

They look sharp hung up that way.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I like the idea and they look cool, but mine get too dusty. I keep one on the stand covered in the Hoodie and the others in their cases in the rack. You can only play one at a time anyway right?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

9 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-10-09 11:40:41)

Thanks for the comments;

I had them on stands, but this room is also were I tie flies and build fly rods, and there have been several close calls. Cords also get wrapped around the stands, and I almost crashed my Larrivee a while back with a cord. With them hanging, they're safe from all of that, unless the house collapses ... but there'll be bigger issues if that happens, eh?

I like your man cave.  Wood for resonance.  Fly tying rigamarole.  Guitars all over the walls.  That's hard to beat.  Awful hard to beat.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

I like your man cave.  Wood for resonance.  Fly tying rigamarole.  Guitars all over the walls.  That's hard to beat.  Awful hard to beat.

Totally agree, and envious, my "man cave" comprises about 10 sq feet of the lounge room, and as Mrs TT is into everything being in their place, ah well, the price of love.....

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

beamer wrote:

looks great!

HEY HERE A CHEAT FOR DOING PHOTO POST.

1. R CLICK ON PIC WHERE EVER IT IS ON THE WEB, GET ITS LOCATION FROM PROPERITIES,HIGHLIGHT AND SAVE.  (EXPLORER)  IN GOOGLE OR FIRE FOX IT WILL HAVE SAVE IMG LOCATION.
THEN i GO TO THIS WEB PAGE in another tab   http://www.autogeekonline.net/
find any topic that you want and go to bottom of page for reply.  hit go advanced.

on advanced page, click on the pic link.  a box will come up, get rid of the stuff in it, and paste your address in it and hit ok.  it will give you  the complete link you need for your image.  just copy and paste that in here.

thats how I started putting pics in here.  it seems wordy, but its really easy after you get teh hang of it.

FPMSL.  How on earth is that a "cheat?"  It seems a long and convoluted way to do something compared to the way that Roger Guppy explains so simply.

"And on payday, we'll tear the place down.
With a pint, in our hand's, and a bash 'em out band.
Sure we'll dance, to the sound, of the rain falling down.
In our Northern Industrial Town."

And may I add, that the man cave pictured is pretty damn cool.  Nice one fella.

"And on payday, we'll tear the place down.
With a pint, in our hand's, and a bash 'em out band.
Sure we'll dance, to the sound, of the rain falling down.
In our Northern Industrial Town."

TwangTown wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Totally agree, and envious, my "man cave" comprises about 10 sq feet of the lounge room, and as Mrs TT is into everything being in their place, ah well, the price of love.....

Definitely envious of the "man cave " my space is about 10sq feet as well which gets invaded by the missus and grandkids !!! need a win on the lotto to get a bigger house !!

15 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-10-19 23:08:29)

About man caves ...

Now that my dear wife and I are empty nesters, there was room and funds for us both to have our own play rooms. It may be short lived, as we're considering downsizing from our 4-bedroom house to something smaller (easier to heat, lower taxes, less upkeep, etc.). Like everything in life, it's fun while it lasts.

I had a pretty nice Man Cave at our place in NC. Now that I'm in Florida and once again single, my entire place (small that it is) is a Man Cave.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!