Re: Football 2013-2014

I watched part of the ny giants game thursday and they got nailed by the other team,hard too belive they were Super Bowl champs two seasons ago,they are 0 and 6.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

52 (edited by dino48 2013-10-14 01:25:16)

Kind of a surprise football sunday,Green bay finally won (I think )after Arron Rodgers got sacked alot ,49ers had too fight the Cardinals pretty hard as they look good now, I did not have enough time to see what the Seahawks did. I saw that the Saints got beat today ( sorry toots).

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Seahawks were full clown shoes today, but still managed to pull out the win.  Their place kicker got absolutely blown up trying to make a tackle, so the punter had to step in for field goal duty.  Only problem is that the punter is the usual place holder for the field goal unit,  so a guy that hadn't done that since college had to do it.

So with two seconds left in the half, they try a field goal, and the inevitable happened.  Muffed place, guy tries to get up and run with it, then as he's being tackled, instead of just taking the hit, he tries to grenade lob it to someone else.  It's picked up and run back 75 yards for a TD.  I could year "Yackity Sax" being played, somewhere.

They also dropped the ball all over the field, something they typically don't do.   Anyway, they managed to win despite not playing well.  So that's good.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

And, in other news, after a brilliant loss to Stanford, my Huskies got run over by Oregon, and Stanford goes out and gets beat by Utah.

Stanford got beat by Utah,I did not think they were that good,sounds like the Seahawks had an exciting end of game.

Rough day for the Dawgs.  They got 51 dropped on 'em by Arizona State.  sad

Probably making up for the whooping the Seahawks dropped on the Cardinals on Thursday.  big_smile

Arizona state,I have not been keeping an eye on them.  The Seahawks did a number on the cardinals,they are looking "scary good".

Packers won Bears and Lions lost the pack is in 1st place in the central division smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The Pack continues to get better and better even with all the injuries. If the Offensive line was playing better they'd be a powerhouse.

The packers Arron Rodgers,things do not get much better than that fact. My 49ers won yesterday against the Titens and next week they will be playing the Jagures In London England.

I would be remis if I didn't say something about  the passing of Don James this last Sunday.  That guy basically built Husky football. He is the guy that gave us Nick Saban, Gary Pinkle, and Warren Moon.  We called him "The Dawgfather" for a reason, and his shoes have yet to be appropriately filled.

jerome.oneil wrote:

I would be remis if I didn't say something about  the passing of Don James this last Sunday.  That guy basically built Husky football. He is the guy that gave us Nick Saban, Gary Pinkle, and Warren Moon.  We called him "The Dawgfather" for a reason, and his shoes have yet to be appropriately filled.

He sounds like he was a good coach he really had some winners on his teams.

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

He sounds like he was a good coach he really had some winners on his teams.

Back in the day, Sports Illustrated did a "Top 3 in Sports" story, where they listed the top three things in various sports categories.   Top 3 outfielders, top 3 NFL teams, etc..

For Top 3 College Football Coaches, they listed

1.  Don James
2.  Don James
3.  Don James

The guy was awesome.

That tells a lot,makes you wonder why they do not go too the pro teams,though that could be a mistake for a lot of people by putting a lot of pressure on them.

When he left Kent State (where he mentored Saban) for Washington, he built a complete college program, and was legendary for his disciplined approach to the game.   I don't think his style would have translated to the pros, but it was perfect for turning high school kids into pro-ready athletes.

When he retired, he simply quit coaching, period.    No media, no consulting, just hanging out.  "Holy crap, that's Don James!"

The guy was an institution.

They had a really good coach here at Fresno state ,he sent a lot of players too the pro's I do not remember his name as I never followed their team. The people here really carred a lot about him he has been retired over the last couple of years. I followed the Stanford team because I lived around that area so long.

I never ceased to be amazed at the lengths the media goes through to pump up Virginia Tech.  The get gut stomped by Alabama, then win six in a row against the weakest schedule in history, and all of a sudden they're #16.

Right now they're getting beaten at home by Duke, though, so that makes me laugh.

The media is something to ignore sometimes they seem too be in outer space. Getting beaten by Duke? ya that is a laugh.

I generally do, but the media is a significant factor in deciding who gets to play in the "national championship" game.   I'm glad this is the last year of the disaster.

It's not really even the polling.  It's their attitude about it.  The Hokies have a pretty dismal post season record, an equally dismal record against ranked opponents, and they're all shocked SHOCKED whenever they get beat.  And they do it every year, like Mike Vick is still playing for them or something.

sounds like they are playing football politics. That stinks. Your Seahawks should have an easy game mon night,no good qb for the Rams,I guess they were trying too get Brett Farve and Jeff Garcia but no luck there.

I watched the Packers trounce the Vikings it would have been a worse beating but the ref's kept the Vikings in the game with some very questionable calls I noticed one thing the Viking fans booing there team you would never see that in Green Bay and I have lived long enough to see some bad teams and coaches but I would never boo my Packers. Aaron Rogers was throwing darts and this win puts them back on top after the Lions surprised the Cowboys, the 49's were on top of there game in London.

I only got too watch some off the game,so I did not see all the calls as for the fans booing there team that is not something they should be proud of. I could never boo my team for that matter I like Green Bay enough to never boo them! Arron Rodgers is  a great qb.  The niners had a pretty easy time agains the winless jag's.

Sehawks go full clown shoes again and still manage to win.  They're lucky the game is only 60 minutes, because if it was 60 minutes and five seconds they probably would have lost.

I think I could play offensive tackle for them.

jerome.oneil wrote:

Sehawks go full clown shoes again and still manage to win.  They're lucky the game is only 60 minutes, because if it was 60 minutes and five seconds they probably would have lost.

I watched the game on ESPN if the Rams had been more productive in the red zone this game would have been a blowout the Rams defense was tenacious

Russell_Harding wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I watched the game on ESPN if the Rams had been more productive in the red zone this game would have been a blowout the Rams defense was tenacious

Yep.  The Seahawks are playing without their two starting tackles, but what this showed was that there is absolutely 0 depth at that position.  You and I could play better than the backups did.

I know what the draft is gonna look like, though.  smile