Topic: Hello people, I am new noob here !

Can someone help me out here. This is my friends demo and i need to make it MIDI format. But I cant play any instruments. PLEASE HELP ME !
Here is the demo:
http://grooveshark.com/#!/profile/Uchra … collection

Re: Hello people, I am new noob here !

I moved your post woopii, I think the folks in the recording section can help you out more with xfering a music format than those that visit the song requests forum.  smile  Good luck and welcome to Chordie.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi woopii welcome here,I listened too the song sounds good,I hope someone will be able too help you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

as far as i understand, as i've tried myself and failed, you wont get vocals onto MIDI, i could be wrong. question is; why do you need to get this song onto MIDI? if your going to add instruments you will have to be able to play at least a keyboard. if you need help adding instruments (bass, keyboards) all you need to do is ask and i'm sure you'll have plenty of volunteers.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thx for the answer.. I just want to have whole chords of the demo so that i can import it into my DAW and rearrange it. About the vocal, we will record it again.

download it as a mp3 or any audio file  any DAW can import it from your files

"Growing old is not for sissies"

:DDDD

The demo is recorded so poor quality. That s why i want to remake it. I just need to know whole demos CHORDS. Verses, Chorus ...
About the DRUMS, BASS and the other instruments i can make it via VSTi.

That vocalist sounds great.

How did you record this originally?  Do you have those tracks?  If all you have is the file you uploaded,  you aren't going to be able to pull individual tracks out of it.  If you've got the stems or raw track data, you will probably have better luck just remixing and mastering it than trying to re-create it.

What DAW are you using?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

woopii wrote:

Thx for the answer.. I just want to have whole chords of the demo so that i can import it into my DAW and rearrange it. About the vocal, we will record it again.

There's a website I have used in the past which caters for people who can't play any instruments.
They have whole chord samples of many different instruments which can be mixed to create a song.
Your song may not sound the same but as the voice supplies the melody the basic general feel of the song would be simular. It can be mixed down to an MP3 or individual MP3 tracks to be mixed and combined with the the vocals.
PS I enjoyed the song it has potenial...

http://www.jamstudio.com/Studio/index.htm

If you want to use the original recording so it sounds the same you would need the individual tracks that made up the song.
ark

... Im using Steinberg Cubase 5 and some great VSTi s like EZ drummer, MusicLab RealGuitar ...
All I want to have is CHORDS like Am7, B7, Dm7, Fmaj7 etc...
I cant play instruments myself but i can write it at Cubase.

woopii wrote:

... Im using Steinberg Cubase 5 and some great VSTi s like EZ drummer, MusicLab RealGuitar ...

It sound like you want someone to listen and write an arrangement for you is this what you are asking?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:
woopii wrote:

It sound like you want someone to listen and write an arrangement for you is this what you are asking?

Yeah, that's what that sounds like.

Without any musical background, you aren't going to have much success here.   Sequencers don't create on their own, and without a MIDI controller to help you, let alone the knowledge to use it,  placing individual MIDI signals on a pallet is going to be a real challenge.   Even if someone were able to create a score for you, how would you use it?  If I were to say "Yeah, that's an Am," would you be able to create an Am chord just using the MIDI editor?  What about velocity and other envelope considerations?   How are you going to get the vocal track back onto the new recording?

I'm also curious as to why, if you don't play anything at all, you would spend money on VST's like EZ Drummer ($179) or RealGuitar ($250), or even a sequencer at all.  Cubebase Elements (the entry level product) is $100.  That seems like a big investment into tools you don't know how to use.

My advice would be to simply re-mix the track.   Everything you need is there.  The recording quality is fine, even if the mix isn't.

Who is the artist, BTW?  Like I said, she sounds fantastic, and I'd like to hear more.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]