Topic: Just checking in

Been awhile since I've been here and I've missed my extended family. A lot has changed in my world mostly for the better. My wife and I seperated in the spring of 2012. Things hadn't been right with us for awhile so this was a positive thing. As a result I moved out and  began to get my head and life together. (There was a period of self pity but Im not going there) End result a better job, peace of mind and I'm playing again. The tip of my index finger is frozen so some adaptations were necessary but my Ovation and I are strumming again. I have no computer but I'm figuring out my new phone so maybe soon I'll be able to post some pics. Gave my kids my other guitars so some new ones were in order. So far I've acquired an Ibenez Gio, a small Rocktron amp and a Gibson Maestro tube amp. Not alot but its a start. Well thats enough for now let's see if I can get this posted.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: Just checking in

I hate to see anyone's marriage dissolve, but I'm pleased that you're enjoying your life more. 

I was wondering about your hand and whether you got full function back.

Welcome home. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It sounds as if you are finding your way through the turmoil.  A split is traumatic for sure.  Been there, but life goes on and it looks as though you are taking charge.  Glad to have you back.  Good luck

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi b sorry things are not going well between you and  your wife. That happened too me about 13 years ago. It will take some time too adjust.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey guys,thanks for the kind thoughts. But we had drifted so far apart that we really had nothing left. All in all it was for the best. I have recovered pretty well with the hand. It's stiff at times but it is what it is. I didn't mention it earlier but I managed to give myself a whole new set of issues just before my birthday. I wrecked my motorcycle. No helmet on and ended smashing my face. End result,;; another surgery and two plates around my eye. So it has been a memorable year. Thanks again for the welcome back

Did you hear about the guy who wrecked his motorcycle and scraped his whole left side off?  He's all right now.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

Did you hear about the guy who wrecked his motorcycle and scraped his whole left side off?  He's all right now.

Good one Zurf!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I almost bit on that then I read it again. Ouch! Hopefully he was left alone. On a different note I haven't seen Pix's name on here, what's up with that?

bswyers wrote:

I almost bit on that then I read it again. Ouch! Hopefully he was left alone. On a different note I haven't seen Pix's name on here, what's up with that?

He's OK.  His business has taken off and he hasn't got much time for being on line.  I see him on Facebook from time to time and keep in touch through his lovely bride. 

- Zurf

Holy shit buddy.  You need to sit down with your guitar and don't go anywhere for awhile.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.