Topic: CHORDIESTOCK II - Feb 22, 2014

October already - it occurs to me that February is only 4 months away - maybe time to start planning for CHODRIESTOCK II. We had a blast last year with chordians from as far away as England and South Dakota. Lets make it better this year than it was last year.

Sat., Feb. 22 is almost exactly a year from last year, but March would work for me as well. Just want to throw this out there to judge the interest level and see if a particular weekend in Feb or march works best for others.

So who is in??!!

Here's a link for last years thread - I believe there are photos and vids in there

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 56&p=1

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: CHORDIESTOCK II - Feb 22, 2014

Hey Jeff - I am up for it. Fed 22 is a ways off, but if I can I will be there if work can accommodate.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I wish... NZ is a bit far away! Easybeat and I might have to have our own Kiwi Chordiestock!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

The kids are all on vacation that week ending the 22nd.  I'm not sure what this means for me... either we MIGHT be able to make it all there as a family, or there's a really slim chance we'll make it because we won't be able to get away from the kids.  LOL!  I'll have to talk with Jimbo and find out his thoughts.  At the moment, we've got plans to head to Boston in January... so him taking more time off could be an issue, depending on where he's working too.  I guess that'll really be the determining factor.  I know one thing, if we do make it, I will NOT allow my fingers to get too drunk!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I will not be able to go to Florida in February stag again.  I had far too big a smile on my face when my wife picked me up from the airport. 

We still owe ourselves our 25th anniversary get-away (though our 26th is on Thanksgiving this year).  I'll work with my funny little honey and see whether we can ditch the offspring on some unsuspecting adult, or maybe get my sister or a friend to watch them, or something, and run away to Florida. 

If we do that, then we will not crash on your floor. 

I will NOT allow my fingers to get too drunk!

Don't make rash promises. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

6 (edited by dino48 2013-10-03 21:19:40)

I am wishing I was closer,but I am way out here 3000 mi away. I hope all of you get it to work out. Amy please do not allow your "fingers to get too drunk".

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Ill see what arm I can twist and what crack dealer needs a runner! LOLOLOL No really,, LOLOL 
this has been one hell of a tough year.  Although rumor has it that we mayhave a acceptable contract offer coming up, that being said, we get a sign on bonus.  maybe it will be enough for a trip for two after paying off some stuff.  Wife says I never take her anywhere ...... (that she wants to go) ... well maybe St. Pete will be alluring enough?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thought I'd bump this post to see if there was any more or confirmed interest. I saw a message from Wayne that sounded pretty positive, so if a fella is gonna travel all the way from South Dakota, I've got to say the party is on!

Jets sounds likely
Amy, Zurf (with his recent vehicle repairs) and Scott sound like they want to, but it might be a struggle.

Anybody else? - last year was a BLAST!

It's early enough that if we have a few commitments, i could possibly rent a condo in my complex that would sleep a fairly large group (at least 6 or 8). The cost would be minimal if divided by that many folks. Just a thought.

Liz said the other day we need to go to Fla. to jam with the boys at the London Bus Pub again. I was waiting to hear that so we are going. One of the BEST times I've had jamming and enjoying life.

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

http://cultureslurp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Facebook-Like-Button.jpg

Still working on it, along with my honey. Truck repairs came from the Oh Crap fund. It's running great now. Maybe we'll drive down.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

12 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-10-26 12:07:00)

LOL ... my wife has been trying to get me to a warm place for holidays for years (I hate heat & humidity!). We spent a week in Puerto Vallerta, Mexico about 20 years ago, and it pretty well killed me. If I told her I was going to Florida for a "guitar convention" I expect my guitars would end up in the wood stove as kindling.

Maybe someday we could hold it in Labrador, and fish for 5 lb brook trout and Arctic char between jam sessions! Just saying ...

Tenement Funster wrote:

Maybe someday we could hold it in Labrador, and fish for 5 lb brook trout and Arctic char between jam sessions! Just saying ...

I would move heaven and earth to come to Labrador to play guitars and fish for 5lb brook trout.  That is a brilliant concept!

the thumb is back!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm 50%. Funny honey is out. Is the floor still open?

at least im working with a good amt of time to butter up the missus, was checking flights tonight. DFW to Tampa roughly 350 (flying in fri early evening leaving after noon sunday)

how far is that away from you?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Zurf -The floor, couch, and tub are all unclaimed and you are welcome as always - maybe i can kick the kid out for the weekend and steal his bed.

Beamer - Tampa airport is very close - maybe a 30 min ride -it's where I fly out of most often. There is room on the floor / couch for you as well. Where would you be flying out of? If you do make it, I encourage you to stay until Monday - Sunday is the open mike at the London Bus Pub which we pretty much took over last year and plan on doing again!

If I can make it, the floor is good enough for me.

OK ill fly in on sat then and come home monday.  if it can happen! but I gotta be carefull as to my days off work.

If im solo floor is good, but I have a old friend in the area also and may crash there, I hope she is in the mood to hang with all us! she is a lot of fun to have around.  If the wife comes, then Its a hotel or a B&B.  Do you have a B&B near ya? (another selling point for the wife) wink

beamer - I'm not sure about B&B's, but there are hotels, condos and cottages galore all up and down the beach. It's a very touristy area. I do caution you to reserve a place early as Feb is peak tourist season!

Thanks to the generosity of a good person, I am most likely going to be there as well, though I will be solo.  Zurf, I am seriously considering bringing the Martin as well.  I too can sleep anywhere.  Beach, floor, couch, bed, I'm not picky.  Though if I'm sleeping on the beach, we'll have to stop at the liquor store on the way back from the airport.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Bring the Martin Amy.  Put it in the hard shell case and gate check it.  I hope to make it and will be bringing Tiny, despite Jeff's condo being primarily furnished with guitars.

I just gotta do my best to make it! I want to actually meet with all you guys! I also have two friends , one I have mentioned before, whome I have not seen a a very long time.

I left a post on ones wall on FB asking if they knew the london buss pub.  still waiting to hear back,

beamer - the LBP is a tiny pub not on a main road. Doubtful that anyn=bony not in the neighborhood knows it - it seats like 30 MAX!

That said, it is the friendliest place you will ever see for a singalong jam!

I sure hope you can make it - it will be fun, I assure you!