Topic: Big Band

Many of you know that I belong (and help run) a Rock Choir. I am part of a four piece ban; lead, rhythm (me), bass guitars and keyboard and this Christmas we are performing a gig with a local Salvation Army brass band. As far as we know the Salvation Army has never performed with any other organisation so it will probably be a unique experience. We had the first rehearsal last night - 20 of our vocalists, our four piece band. the S.A. drummer and 8 of the their brass section (6 were missing).

Wow!! What an evening. OK the first number was a bit hit and miss, but then we jelled and with each song we got better. I am sure that this Christmas show is going to be one to remember.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Big Band

Sounds like it will be awesome any chance of video clips being posted

Roger you still have a couple of months too polish it up,and I hope you can post it here so we can see it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sounds like an awesome collaboration, Roger!

The Salvation Army is a worthy organization that helps a lot of people in need, and it should be a treat for you guys to work with them. Hope everything comes together tightly for your group, and that you will have many good memories from the endeavour.

Very cool Roger - looking forward to the recordings / vids.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sounds great - how nice to have a brass section! The Sally Army do some good work. Can't quite imagine them getting funky, but...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

They are mainly young people and really liked the reggae "Mary's Boy Child" and Slade's "Merry Christmas Everybody".

I am really looking forward to these rehearsals every Friday and better still the show, when it arrives, which will be help in a cinema with an audience of about 300.

There will be some videos of the event and I will certainly let you know when they are available to see.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Good luck Roger.  I know you will do great things.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Exciting times Roger. That sounds like immense fun. Good on you and good luck with it. You'll have a blast!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth