Topic: Easy Jack Johnson song???

Anyone know of an easy Jack Johnson song to play both in the chords used and the strum, I am a beginning acoustic player, and cant play barre chords yet.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Easy Jack Johnson song???

you can play flake with open chords, it sounds somewhat similar...  you can't really get his sound unless you play barre chords though

Banana Pancakesis pretty easy and Sittin,Wishing,Waiting although that has an F in it

what a long strange trip it's been

thanks guys, ill give thoes a shot

5 (edited by jpage_roxmysox 2007-07-19 20:36:59)

If the F bar chord gives you any trouble, you can almost always replace it with this, a somewhat softer F, in most slow, soft songs (i.e. jack johnson)

E-0
B-1
G-2
D-3
A-0
E-1*

*this is easiest played by hooking your thumb over the top of the neck, but it's easier to just not strum it at all, and it sounds about the same

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

If you can fingerpick, pirate looks at 40 is a good one...just G C Am and D7

I often play my F chord as Fmaj7, that takes the barre out of the equation.  It's almost like playing a C chord.

http://www.chordimages.com//ramimages/i7/Fmaj7chord_033211_1.png

I stand to be corrected but the chord shown chord is in fact F.

Fmaj7 is very similar but has the high E string played open.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

hello im new to the acoustic any tip's would be helpful i like to play dust in the when and country 70-80 rock any easy or harder song to get me started i think my stumming is off allso new country or older rock something people know help me please