Topic: Kind thoughts, support and prayers needed

As all of ya'll know I had to have a "heart stint" last September and then  I underwent surgury for stage 4 kidney cancer last year about this time. The surgury was very difficult and my left kidney, spleen and a small portion of my pancreas was removed. Since then I have been on a "Clinical Trial" thru M D Anderson Medical Center in Houston, Tx. and have been taking oral medicine for my condition. One of the side affects of this medicine is congestion in the lungs, flu like systems, nose bleeds, increased blood sugars + others. For the last couple months of I just haven't been feeling well. The medicine I was taking was increase from 5mg to 10mg while I was in Houston during the 1 week of October and thats when thing turned bad. I developed a horrible cough to where it was difficult to talk and I had to sit up in a chair in order to sleep, had shortness of breath, no engery, blood sugars in the high 400's to mid 500's and just lelt like crap all the time. M D Anderson stopped the cancer medicine and I underwent sreriod treatments (blood sugars sky high) along with antibotics. I had follow with my local Oncology doctor for this along with 2 different CT scans on my chest / lungs that showed some congestion but other that that everything was clear. I finally got rid of the cough and started feeling better. On November 8 I started hurting on my left side at the bottom of my rib cage and had difficulity breathing. My son carried me to the emergency room at our local hospotal where I was finally admitted after about 7 hours. The pain was very bad and the pain medication I was being given had no affect. Again CT scans and x rays were taken and it was determined that I had atrial fribrillation of my heart along with a blood clot in my lungs. After 6 days in the hospital I was allowed to go home last night. The final results of this hospital stay was 2 blood clots in my heart and 2 blood clots in my lungs. I am taking heavy dosages of blood thinners now to desolve the clots and have to have blood drawn every couple of days to check my progress. After about 30 days. when the clots in my heart have been desolved, my Cardio doctor plans to "shock" my heart in order to bring it back to rythem. In the meantime I am on limited activity (no hunting  / fishing) can't lift more than 10 to 15 pounds - just sit on my butt and rest. BUT I AM GONNA PLAY MY GUITAR WHENEVER I CAN!!!

I'm damn tired of being sick and not feeling well. Keep me in ya'lls prayers and if you got any good "old" country music songs  laying around I can play, send them to me. If I can listen to a song and find the lyrics I can usually learn it.

Nela

Re: Kind thoughts, support and prayers needed

You've been through the wringer and still have a song in your heart.  Man.  That's some kind of testimony. 

Here's more Country lyrics than you could want.  http://www.cowboylyrics.com/

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wow nela you certainly have been through the wringer , I am not a religous man but if there is a god  I will pray to him for you my thoughts and best wishes are with you I hope you are through the worse now . Music is vey theraputic so keep playing man ,

Nela, what a rough way you've gone man,  I will pray for you each day, and do hope things turn around for you. You can go on to youtube, and listin to any song to pick up the chords and Phrasing.

If you can find time keep us posted, God Bless.

I love old country too, some are,

When Time Were Good and You Were Mine, by David Lynn Jones. A 145 progression in G

Magnolia wind by Guy Clark 3/4 time in A

Loving her was Easier, Kris Kristofferson in D

Long haired Country Boy, Charley Daniels in D

b

NELA - Just awful..  wishing you the best.  Keep the positive attitude - it really does some good.  God bless you.. 
One of my fave country tunes right now is Swinging Doors by Merle.  We've been playing it lately at gigs..  people love it.
Its here on Chordie..    Stay strong.
-Deb

Nela you sound like you have really been through a lot,keep the positive attitude and you can beat the beasts.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wow, that's some serious stuff you've been dealing with. Thoughts and prayers going out.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Positive vibes sent buddy. Never give up!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Well wishing thoughts and prayers coming your way. You certainly have the right attitude to beat this.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thoughts are with you. I hope it all goes well for you

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Thank's ya'll. It's after 1:00am and I can't sleep so I reading the posts. Things have been rough for me, lately, but I am trying to keep things positive. It's possible that these problems I am now having are related to the medicines I am taking and nothing else. There are some serious side affects with some of my meds so this may just be a wake up call. I am currently taking 2 different blood thinners (prescribed during this hospital stay) in the hopes they will break up the blood clots I have. One of the blood thinners will go away in a few more days but the other one will most likely be from now on. I have to go back to the hospital, tomorrow, to have blood drawn and this will continue every couple of days until they determine that the dosage of blood thinners is where they need to be. I have to go back to M D Anderson Medical Center the 1st & 2nd of December where I'll be poked, proded, scaned, x-rayed and checked for everything. Right now, as I'm typing, I can feel my heart racing and beating out of rythem. If any of ya'll have had or know anyone who has had A'Fib you'll know what I talking about. It's hard to discribe this feeling but it's something I'll have to deal with until the clots go away. Once the clots are gone I will have another overnight stay in the hospital so my heart can be shocked and brought back in snyc. Well it's taken me nearly an hour to type this post and I am tired. Not sleepy, just tired so I'm gonna stop.

Nela

We are praying for you my friend.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Positive vibes coming your way Nela.  Close your eyes and imagine sitting on a beach, somewhere.  Sun on your face and try to enjoy a little relaxation.  I know sitting around all the time isn't easy.  Kisses and gentle hugs to you!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I wish you only the best Nela.  And do keep your hand on that guitar.  It'll take you to many nice places.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Praying for ya Nela.  A positive attitude and a guitar can carry you through hard times.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Hey NELA, Best wishes always!

How about some new country?  Doug and Telisha Williams played here at the house a couple years ago and were fantastic - had a couple songs even I could figure out...
Check out a couple tunes at http://www.wildponies.net/store they have a couple freebies.
Cheers!
Jim

So sorry to hear of all your problems. It's a reminder to us all to be thankful for our good health, when we have it. All the very best & positive vibes to you...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Nela ... best wishes for a speedy recovery from some very serious issues. As you say, the anger & frustration of just being sick all the time plays with the head, and you are in my thoughts and prayers. We can sing "Don't worry, be happy" till the cows come home, but that won't alleviate your circumstances; so here's hoping you can find lots of positive things to help you pass the time, and having a guitar at hand is certainly one of the best. Keep on truckin', buddy!