Re: Just bought a new (to me) Martin Custom Jumbo!

You're recharging your creative batteries by spending time with a muse. It's to the benefit of your playing bro.

I do not think I could hold back from going too get it. looks like you had some bad timing on being home. Enjoy it !!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Eh. Most of us started playing music to meet girls in the first place. Topdown's just cutting out the middle .... uh ... guitar I guess.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm freakin out - Got home about 2:00 - NO GUITAR!. UPS confirmation says it was dropped off Friday at 6:05 pm. My son got home from work at 6:30 and says there was no package. My neighbor is a snowbird and lives in Michigan. Hard to believe someone saw it and stole it in the 25 minute period it was supposedly here - you can't see my front door from the street and it is up a flight of steps. I've had dozens of packages delivered here without any problems.

So instead on NGD, it's now MGD (missing). I've filed a missing package claim with UPS and notified the Condo Manager. Maybe UPS left it at the wrong condo. Nothing to do now but have a cocktail or 8.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I might be going to visit all the codnos in the complex with the same letter or whatnot.  Good luck. I sure hope it turns up!  I am surprised something like that wasn't sent signature required.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

did it come via pay pal?? i would call them also! get your money back if UPS has problems.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

It was paypalled, but I'm sure it was shipped and the problem is on UPS's end. I have notified the seller as UPS prefers to deal with the shipper on claims instead of the receiver. I've posted notes on the closest neighbors doors to see if anyone knows anything about it. Hopefully it shows up tomorrow. If not, I will be seeing how difficult it is to get my money back. I really just want the guitar..

Amy - I actually hate "signature required" deliveries. I am typically at work when when UPS delivers (although in this case I would have been home at 6:00). I do 90% of my other than grocery shopping through Amazon or other on-line retailers - please leave it on the porch. I've NEVER had a problem. I even purchased my ex's engagement ring (at $10K+) and had it left on the porch - no problem. I live in a gated condo complex that is mostly full of retired folks or snowbirds (who are just now trickling in). There is no crime here - I haven't locked my door in 2 years +

I bet the UPS guy left it at another unit - just hope wherever it was left is honest enough to turn it in.

That really sucks Jeff, fingers crossed that it turns up soon.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I understand that Jeff.  Knowing where I live, we generally don't have any issues either.  If anything, the local neighborhood kids have gotten into old junk and played games with drivers by.  We had a lawn tractor battery stolen once, but that's about it.  Being gated, I totally get it.  Someone in the complex must have gotten it and just hasn't had a minute to find you yet.  Fingers are crossed!!!  Yes, UPS will consider the shipper the "owner" of the property as it didn't arrive, and they are the ones who "hired" UPS to ship it.  Hopefully the guy will go about the proper measures to help you out and do what he can IF it doesn't show up.

Well that bites. Go to a pawn shop or two nearby, and that uke store, to let them know what to be looking out for.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I was working at a lodge in Wyoming and the yellow truck guys were suppose to deliver a package to me.  I knew when it was suppose to arrive and waited another day or two. When I found out the company said it was delivered I started to investigated where it was delivered. After a couple days of searching a friend at the lodge told me to check the quick-stop at the bottom of the mountain. So I took a 20 mile trip down the mountain to the quick-stop. Sure enough the yellow truck guys left my package at the quick-stop because they didn't go up the mountain. I never recommended them again to anyone and I guess they are no longer in business. 40 miles round trip for a package they guaranteed would be delivered to my door.
I've also had packages left on my front lawn by the other major delivery service (Not UPS ).  I'm sure many of you  have stories you could tell.
Question is, where is the service they tell us is so great.
I hope all works out in your case.

Joe

That sucks the big one buddy.  I sure hope you find it.  That makes me feel bad.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Really hope it turns up! Sure it willl...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

That is not good news,I have not had any trouble with ups,I hope you find it soon jeff. I would have a fit if it was mine was the guitar insured through ups.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I was hoping to come home tonight and see the guitar on the stoop, thinking the UPS guy had left it in the truck and would deliver it today - no such luck. The maintenance guys at the complex checked every door step - no luck. UPS did call and acknowledge my claim - thats good. Spoke to the shipper and they did NOT list a declared value, so the max UPS will pay is $100 (if it is not found). I understand that UPS will check every delivery on the route that day and that the signature thingy they carry has a built in GPS - that may narrow it down if it was left at the wrong complex. Meanwhile, I posted the below flier to facebook and am sending it to local pawn shops / music dealers. I know enough local musicians that know every other local musician - I'm pretty sure every guitar player in the greater Tampa Bay area will be on the lookout

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/1453376_10202524396181323_1049042061_n.jpg

God that just sucks~!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Congrats, Topdown .... that's a fine looking gee-tar! When your vacation is over, the fun starts (LOL).

That truly sucks.  Why would a shipper not declare value on a guitar?  That's just crazy.  If he did it right, you were paying for shipping. 

I am betting that it turns up at a pawn shop in the not too distant future. 

- Zurf

This really stinks jeff,will they let you talk too the driver that left it off,most condos do look the same. I will get ins from now on or reguire a signature at each delivery. Did you contact the credit card co  you used as sometimes they will pay some costs.

Best advise I can give you is to go to the local UPS station and try to talk to someone there.  Unless things have changed since I worked for a different shipping company, UPS outsources their Customer Service reps...and they suck.  Even without outsourced reps, the local station doesn't usually get along very well with the CSR's at the 800 number.  Your bleeding heart will get a lot further with the person in charge locally, in person.  On the phone, they aren't "supposed" to tell you much because you weren't the one paying THEM for shipping (and their calls are monitored, they'll get in trouble).  In person locally, they don't follow such strict rules because big brother isn't necessarily bugging the office.  GOOD LUCK!  I think Zurf's right though.  Someone has it.  Or that driver really messed up!

Still a no show - UPS is still searching, but every day that passes the odds of recovery get lower. The seller has been a help in filing a claim and posting notices, but every time we correspond she has this attitude like it's my fault for not being home - she's starting to piss me off. She says I didn't request insurance - that's true, but common sense tells you to insure a valuable package like a custom martin!

The way the law works, the onus is on her - I simply cannot roll over and pay for an item I never received. I filed a dispute with my credit card company tonight. I really would rather have the guitar, but if I can't have it, I certainly hope I can get my money back!

ETA - Thanks everyone who posted my loss on facebook and are letting their friends know - much appreciated! I'd bet if this guitar does show up on craigslist or ebay, someone will have seen these posts and I will find out!

I think if you can talk to the driver who delivered it you may be able to get something out of him,have you talked too all your neighbors? I did have two pieces delivered two other addresses but the people were honest and brought them too me. but that was with another co. and the post office.

I've talked to the neighbors - nobody knows nothing. I've also posted a flier at the clubhouse - no response. Would love to talk to the driver, but haven't seen him. UPS is still tracking it and say in could take 10 days. I'm losing faith. If this guitar doesn't show up, I'll get another, but it won't be a Martin - that mojo will be gone. Perhaps a Gibby or a Taylor, or a Guild, but definitely not a Martin.

I absolutely believe it was delivered to the wrong address, so it's all up to the honesty of the receiver. May they rot in hell if they keep or sell it.

I think it was delived to the wrong address also or one of your neighbors have seen you go places with your other guitars and saw the one delevered and  knew you were not there,so they helped themselves. You may also want too look around for vacant snowbird condos too see if it ended up at one of those. I would talk too the driver now before his memory gets too far down the road,so you might want too go too the truck loading docks too talk too him.

The package would have been here for 25 minutes max before my son got home. The old farts that are here would not be able to walk up the steps to my door and carry a large package back down in 25 minutes - it was delivered to some other address, I'm certain. Maintenance checked every door step in the complex on Monday.

Unfortunately I have a job and cannot spend my day chasing down a UPS driver. He does usually deliver here at about 6:00, so i'm keeping my ear out for him every day. I'm sure he is aware of the loss as a lost package claim has been filed and UPS is searching. As I understand it, they will go to every stop he made that day.