Re: Just bought a new (to me) Martin Custom Jumbo!

Jeff do you have homeowners or renters insurance? Seems they would cover it. my homeowners will cover my guitars it is worth checking out.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

This truly sucks Top. Hopefully UPS is able to figure out where your guitar went. Hang in there and keep hoping for the best.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

You said you paid with PayPal?  They REQUIRE a signature for delivery of anything over $250.  The buyer did not do this (regardless of if you wanted it or not, and I'm guessing you didn't tell them you didn't want it).  Open a claim with PayPal.  Item did not arrive.  It's on them.  Sorry for them, because clearly they are out the guitar and the money if your claim is approved.  Either way, someone is going to be out and it doesn't sound like YOU did anything to deserve this.  I understand the excitement of a Martin Experience being gone now.  sad  Sad.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Lets hope for the best Jeff.  I still can't believe that happened

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I keep checking this thread hoping for good news.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That makes two of us Zurf sad

Roger

Edited to correct spelling of my own name smile lol smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'm with  Zurf and Roger, I keep looking to find out if it showed it' self.  Hopefully it all ends well.

Joe

mekidsmom wrote:

You said you paid with PayPal?  They REQUIRE a signature for delivery of anything over $250.  The buyer did not do this (regardless of if you wanted it or not, and I'm guessing you didn't tell them you didn't want it).  Open a claim with PayPal.  Item did not arrive.  It's on them.  Sorry for them, because clearly they are out the guitar and the money if your claim is approved.  Either way, someone is going to be out and it doesn't sound like YOU did anything to deserve this.  I understand the excitement of a Martin Experience being gone now.  sad  Sad.

I think amy nailed it with the pay pal!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Zurf wrote:

I keep checking this thread hoping for good news.

+4

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyson7 wrote:

I'm with  Zurf and Roger, I keep looking to find out if it showed it' self.  Hopefully it all ends well.

Joe

That makes 4 of us! smile

Still a no show. The seller apparently contacted the police as I had a business card from a Detective McGill from the Burglary and Pawn Unit left at my door today. (I didn't know such a unit existed)

I called and got voice mail, then I sent her a long email explaining all events since Friday. I hope she can be helpful is finding this guitar.

Amy - I appreciate the info re:PayPal - I'm confident that I will get my money back if it comes to that, but I'd really rather have the guitar!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

hi jeff I do not think you will ever see the guitar after this long,I do hope you will get your money from one of the sources above.

You would hope most Pawn shops today would look for a hot sheet.  Now that the cops know, they can put it out to the shops and may get a hit.   Martins are not your normal Pawn items, but there is one in a shop near me, they want 999 for it. wanna bet they didnt give near that!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I've given up hope this guitar will be recovered. We got the sheriff's office involved last week and I must say they were very thorough in their investigation. The detective spoke to the UPS driver who recalled leaving the package on my stoop - like I said, I'm a frequent on-line shopper and apparently the driver knew exactly who I am and where I live. She (the detective) was also quite convincing in stating this time of year especially, folks will follow UPS trucks around town just looking for large packages left at a door step. I still don't know how they would get through the gate unless they tailgated the truck or walked through.

Anyway, I had previously posted a dispute with PayPal and tonight I escalated it to a claim. I trust it will be settled in my favor as the onus is on the shipper to insure and require a signature in accordance to PayPals user agreement.

This really sux as I would have rather had the guitar, but at least I should get my $ back and can continue shopping. Lesson Learned - don't ship valuable items without declared value insurance and requiring a signature!

I hope you will get your money back at the least,it seems the pay pal would be the one that is responsible.  I really hope you win out here or it will be pretty costly. I think a lot of the people at chordie have been watching this and will make sure they insure and get a signature.

Bad things should not happen to good people. Topdown is good people.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Any updates?

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Well, I'd rather have had the guitar, but at least I'm getting my $ back. Email from PayPal:

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor."

My account has been duly credited.

Time to go shopping for another smile

Maybe there are some deals out there with Christmas around the corner. I hope you find an even better guitar.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Well Jeff I would say to stay away from mail order. or at least req a sig or have it mailed to your work if your boss will let you.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I'm glad you got your money back.  Stinking thieves.

So happy that you are getting a refund.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Glad to hear it buddy.  Now go to My Favorite Guitars located right there in you state and get you a nice Martin.  That's where I get all my guitars

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm glad you got the money back.  I feel bad for the seller, he's out the money and the guitar.  BUT... they SHOULD have been more careful with something so expensive. 

Hmmmm... what are you going to buy now???  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Getting your money back is great news Jeff! 

Over the years I've bought 6 guitars on-line and never had a delivery problem.  Number 7 is currently on the way but I'm a little apprehensive this time after following your ordeal.  I checked the UPS tracker and its supposed to arrive Monday and a signature is required so I hope the transaction goes well.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Glad to hear at least you'll get your money back. Don't give up on the Martin's tho.  What a bummer.

Joe