Topic: Easy Rock and Roll Songs-Unplugged/Acoustics

I've been teaching myself to play on an acoustic 6-string for a little over a month and i'm looking for some good classic rock songs that aren't too hard.  Any suggestions?

Re: Easy Rock and Roll Songs-Unplugged/Acoustics

What chords can you play currently?  What types of music do you like?  Can't answer your question without knowing these.

When ever someone is looking for songs to play I always refer them to the very large selection of music in chordies library. There are also tons of songbooks in all different styles of music. I am sure you will find what your looking for there

what a long strange trip it's been

try sweet home alabama or ccr bad moon rising or even GnR  patience. these all are fairly easy with just the basic chords. i learned them at one sitting. i'm self taught only 5 years going but learning every day. keep working and don't give up. you can find all of these songs on this sites library.

Get Back - The Beatles
Sumer In The City - The Lovin' Spoonful    need your bare chords here
Turn the Page -Bob Seger      very easy
Mother - Pink Floyd

Have fun!
Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Sweet Child of Mine--G 'n R  is a breeze...just played it last night, and I played it good so you know it's easy!

Anyone out there know the chords for' Love is always seventeen 'by David Gates.

8 (edited by Guitarpix 2007-07-19 16:05:55)

Easy classic rock hmmm
Horse with no name
Fire on the Mountain
Bad moon Rising
Brown eyed Girl
Cats in the Craddle
For What It's Worth
House of the Rising Sun
Leavin on a Jet Plane
Let it Be
Margaritaville
Riders on the Storm
Sundown
Take it Easy
Teach your Chidren
Turn the page
Under my thumb
Who'll stop the rain
Tom Petty offers a good range of songs for beginners also

Well most of those I found fairly easy. Always remember that it's alot easier to play a song that you enjoy and know well. I'd recommend picking 4-5 songs and sitting down with them and figuring out  which one has easiest progression for you to play and don't forget to take the rythym into consideration. A song that you can sing with (even if it's only in your head) will help you keep your timing also. Hope that helps! Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

First: what kind of music do you like and how old are you and the kind of music (a lot isn't it)
Second: for me very important, what songs do you KNOW, meaning THE MELODY, like they wrote already like The HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN, just because it is very difficult to play a song, even if you really know the song, BUT YOU CAN'T FIND THE TUNE SOMEWHERE INSIDE YOUR HEAD. If you know popular tunes, acoustic or electric, like a few John Denver songs, look them up on this site and there you go. Don't panic, the more you play, the more you learn.
Third: you can always try to play along with an existing album of songs you like, it is a little bit more difficult, but for me it works fine, and to be honest, it is like a challenge: i want to find the matching chords for that song.
Last: you can, and you probably will use the transposing function, if there are to many songs in # or b, add a semitone, or more.
Good Luck

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]